no backgrounds
Today friends came over with little kids, they must have hold the remote, cos on my home menu, i no longer have any backgrounds on music, movies, settings, all those icons, everything is a black screen, i have tried in settings but i cant get the backgrounds on again, and its puzzling me...
Has anyone a suggestion for me to try and get it up and running...i bet its simple, but i have overlooked!!
Appreciate it!
Thanks
Star 
You might check your pathing in the Skins backgrounds. Do the symptoms disappear with another skin like Confluence? Obviously something happened to change this with a remote... so tinkering is the best way to bring them back, failing a debug log.

Never relinquish the remote... die with it in your hand.
probably too obvious: restart xbmc ?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Tried the restart and nothing, what its doing is when i am just 'idling' xbmc, its fine, all default and user backgrounds are fine, but...soon a si start playing music, then all of them revert to black??, stop music and they all appear!

I tried confluence, and all the backgrounds appear, but switch back to transparency, and all are black again.....baffled!!
ah, is that all? ;-)

Skin Settings > Home Window > Hide visualization background
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you very much, one last related question, now i have put back my custom 'home' button for icefilms, i used to get the icefilm background, but at moment, i get a close up of a spanner.......how do i get that back to display the logo?
Sorry for questions, only been using xbmc for about 7 years, and i still get stumped from time to time!! lol
no idea...there's no option in the skin to select a backdrop for custom menu items.

did you mod the skin in the past to get it to work?

the spanner is the default backdrop for the settings button...
you can change that one in:
Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Home - Settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no backgrounds0