override the original tvshowmatching script?
Some of my series episodes have the following name structure:

Series Title - TwoDigits - Episode Title.avi

To import this into my library I created an advancedsettings.xml with a tvshowmatching script which works fine in most cases.
Now some episodes of a certain series have the expression "Part I/II" in their title. According to the log, in contrast to all other episodes, these file names are scanned with the built-in tvshowmatching script of xbmc, not with my own. Therefore they are mistaken for episodes 1 or 2 of the series.

How can I override the standard tvshowmatching script? Or is there any other (elegant) solution?

thx
Is there no solution or does nobody know it?
Easiest is to merge part 1 and 2 into one file. Maybe a custom .nfo files will work as well.

EDIT: in order to override the built-in ones use append="no"
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:EDIT: in order to override the built-in ones use append="no"

Thank you! Works perfectly.
I first assumed the "append"-command is needed to implement more than one tv show matching rule.

Your first suggestions weren't satisfactory for me because the "Part I/II" is a component of the episode titles and the episodes have different episode numbers.

and the .nfo-file is probably unnecessarily complicated since there is more than one case of this naming pattern. (actually, now that i have a decent solution, this one IS too complicated).

Again, thank you very much!
Glad to hear it's working now.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
override the original tvshowmatching script?0