MakeMKV with a Handbrake-style Queue?
Question 
Last year I ripped my entire DVD collection to my HDs. That was cool and I was pleased with my results.

Now, I'm seeing the advantage of putting them in MKV format, especially with TV Episodes. I've gotten the hang of the simple programme MakeMKV.

My question is if there's a similar programme to MakeMKV, in that I want one that does not require re-encoding, yet has a similar queue that Handbrake provides?

I like Handbrakes queue, because on the few things that I do want to re-encode, I can just set it up and click encode and go to bed/school/work/disco come back and be happy as Larry as it's finished.

I'd use handbrake, but it re-encodes, etc. I prefer the simplicity of makemkv, just with a queue. Does anything like this exist? Thanks!
fional Wrote:Last year I ripped my entire DVD collection to my HDs. That was cool and I was pleased with my results.

Now, I'm seeing the advantage of putting them in MKV format, especially with TV Episodes. I've gotten the hang of the simple programme MakeMKV.

My question is if there's a similar programme to MakeMKV, in that I want one that does not require re-encoding, yet has a similar queue that Handbrake provides?

I like Handbrakes queue, because on the few things that I do want to re-encode, I can just set it up and click encode and go to bed/school/work/disco come back and be happy as Larry as it's finished.

I'd use handbrake, but it re-encodes, etc. I prefer the simplicity of makemkv, just with a queue. Does anything like this exist? Thanks!

Yes! MkvToonix. Just keep adding to the jobs queue, and then start. Download here

It does not re-encode. Only muxing the video/audio/subtitles streams. Enjoy!
bodhi Wrote:Yes! MkvToonix. Just keep adding to the jobs queue, and then start. Download here

It does not re-encode. Only muxing the video/audio/subtitles streams. Enjoy!

Cheers!

I installed it and have been playing with it. Haven't quite mastered it yet, as I can get it to queue and so forth - but selecting individual "tracks" like you can in makemkv has proven difficult. What it's been doing so far is basically merging it all together in one mkv...I'll keep reading/experimenting!

Thanks!
fional Wrote:Cheers!

I installed it and have been playing with it. Haven't quite mastered it yet, as I can get it to queue and so forth - but selecting individual "tracks" like you can in makemkv has proven difficult. What it's been doing so far is basically merging it all together in one mkv...I'll keep reading/experimenting!

Thanks!

It does all that, very similar to makemkv :-). After you've added the video file, you can select/deselect the tracks by clicking the check box next to each track. And you can append separate tracks from different files by using the Append button (for example videos in separate files from video camera, or downloaded video CD1, CD2,...)

And remember to do "remove all" to clear the box after adding a muxing job into the jobs queue, and then setup the next one, ... so on.
bodhi Wrote:It does all that, very similar to makemkv :-). After you've added the video file, you can select/deselect the tracks by clicking the check box next to each track. And you can append separate tracks from different files by using the Append button (for example videos in separate files from video camera, or downloaded video CD1, CD2,...)

And remember to do "remove all" to clear the box after adding a muxing job into the jobs queue, and then setup the next one, ... so on.

Cheers, I'm going to tinker with it heavily in a few hours. I've a fresh drive with 150 DVDs to transcode, we'll see how it goes! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MakeMKV with a Handbrake-style Queue?0