Change what appears when clicking "Videos"?
Hi,

Sorry if this might be an obvious answer but im new to this XBMC business Big Grin

Probably a simple answer to this but I have started creating my Video/Film library (using the standard Confluence Skin), all working well so far but I wondered if there is a way of having my films display straight away when I click on the main "Video's" option on the home screen?

At the moment I have to click on "Videos" on the home screen, then on the next menu click "Movies" then pick how I want to list the movies, eg. by actor, title (which I normally pick) etc. Once I pick display "title" my films are then listed, if I go back to another menu at the home screen then click back on "videos" on the home screen it then takes me back to my film listings (as I would like it to do) but once XBMC is shut down and I go back in I then have the other menu's appear first before my movie listings.

Is there a way to set it so it always goes straight to the films listings as I will probably never want to search them by actor, year etc?

Thanks
1.Select the "video" menu, highlight "movies" and bring up the context menu ("c" - on a keyboard or right-click with a mouse).

2.Then select "make default"

3.Lastly, select "movies" and highlight title (most likely choice), actor, genre... whichever you want to make the default. Access the context menu again ("c" or right-click) select "make default".

That should do it for you. XBMC will remember those defaults and take you directly to video bliss.
By the way, welcome to the forum. There is a lot of info out there to digest. Have fun. With XBMC it seems the sky is the limit.
Thanks very much for the pointers............. as it happens, a while after I posted my question I happened to have a fiddle and actually managed to work it out! Shocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change what appears when clicking "Videos"?0