Does XBMC do any auto updating of libraries?
I have searched around and haven't been able to find an answer. Does XBMC do any auto updating libraries with newly added content, or do I have to restart XBMC or manually start the update? I hope that is not the case. I would love it if I could even schedule library updates. Any help would be appreciated.
hobbes487 Wrote:I have searched around and haven't been able to find an answer. Does XBMC do any auto updating libraries with newly added content, or do I have to restart XBMC or manually start the update? I hope that is not the case. I would love it if I could even schedule library updates. Any help would be appreciated.

there are ways to make it update for you, I know the iphone remote I use has shortcuts for it(and I presume so does the android remote)
you can
1. schedule an update each time you start XBMC suing the update on startup setting
2. Get an add-on (don't know what it is called) that will auto-update on a regular schedule <- this is probably the one that you are after
3. Use the context menu when viewing a library and select update library
4. Bind update library (either music or video) to a key on your remote. I dont have an update function on my android remote but have it bound to a key on my MCE remote
5. I understand that if you use sickbeard or couchpotato or similar that they can autoupdate the library for you when they add new content <- or this one

Plenty of info in the wiki and forums on how to get these things working.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Thanks. That helped me to search for the right info about auto updating the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does XBMC do any auto updating of libraries?0