• 13(current)
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on
My wife is having an issue determining which feed to select... and it is because in Transparency! the 'List' view does not display enough characters to show the full station identification and if it is "Gameday Audio".... and it takes a little bit before it starts to scroll.

Is there an easy way that I can tell MLBMC that the feed selection screen should use a specific View mode? If I need to manually alter one of the files, just let me know which one and where so I can do it after each update.

I'm using Transparency as well. I haven't looked into defaulting the view to list rather than fanart. But my workaround for now is that I just press the left arrow and then manually change the view to list. Yes, you have to do this each time you open a game, but it's better than waiting for the name to scroll.
I am not home right now... but I may of said 'List' when I meant 'Fanart' (I would have to see what it defaults to) .... I can work with your solution.... but my wife is not a fan of doing the extra steps.

Another option may be if you can organize the feeds to look like:
Code:
MLB.TV Video
New York Mets Coverage .....
Cincinnati Reds Coverage ....

Gameday Audio
New York Mets Coverage.....
Cincinnati Reds Coverage.....
etc...

May be a little easier to tell which one you want.
(2012-05-16, 21:13)sdsnyr94 Wrote: I am not home right now... but I may of said 'List' when I meant 'Fanart' (I would have to see what it defaults to) .... I can work with your solution.... but my wife is not a fan of doing the extra steps.

Another option may be if you can organize the feeds to look like:
Code:
MLB.TV Video
New York Mets Coverage .....
Cincinnati Reds Coverage ....

Gameday Audio
New York Mets Coverage.....
Cincinnati Reds Coverage.....
etc...

May be a little easier to tell which one you want.

Hi, there's not really a good way to do that(with a plugin). You can set the view mode by adding these two lines at the end of the mlbGame function in the default.py.
Code:
........if xbmc.getSkinDir() == 'skin.transparency':
............xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(52)')
Change the leading .'s to spacesConfused

Or swap your default.py with this one -> http://ubuntuone.com/31YwMpmndw2FnHfuWJyNyW

Maybe I should move the "Gameday Audio" to the front of the name? Something like
Code:
Gameday Audio: New York Mets Coverage.....
I tried your default.py... I tested with an archived game and the view did not change from 'fanart' .... will this only work for a live game? If so I will try later tonight.

Also, I was trying to figure out what view 'SetViewMode(52)' was, and if I could find a list of view modes to play with. I came across this thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125083

Based on that thread, is there an easier way to do this with Eden?

As far as moving "GameDay Audio" to the front of the feed title.... that should solve my wife's issue.
Ignore my above comment.. I had the Transparency SVN skin on this laptop... I had to change
Code:
if xbmc.getSkinDir() == 'skin.transparency':
to
Code:
if xbmc.getSkinDir() == 'skin.transparency.svn':

and now the view changes.... Thanks.
(2012-05-17, 16:47)sdsnyr94 Wrote: I tried your default.py... I tested with an archived game and the view did not change from 'fanart' .... will this only work for a live game? If so I will try later tonight.

Shouldn't matter if it's live or not. Huh Let me retest, seemed to work for me. At first I set it to 51 witch changed it to "big list" then 52 changed to "full list".

(2012-05-17, 16:47)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Also, I was trying to figure out what view 'SetViewMode(52)' was, and if I could find a list of view modes to play with. I came across this thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125083

Based on that thread, is there an easier way to do this with Eden?

MaybeHuh I'll look for more documentation. It may have more to do with the way Transparency always defaults to "fanart".

(2012-05-17, 16:47)sdsnyr94 Wrote: As far as moving "GameDay Audio" to the front of the feed title.... that should solve my wife's issue.

Okay, will do.

Divingmule - don't miss my last comment....
(2012-05-17, 17:14)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Divingmule - don't miss my last comment....

Smile Glad you got it working.

Just FYI, this seems to only be an issue with Transparency skin. Confluence is able to remember the last used view mode for this directory.
(2012-05-17, 17:44)divingmule Wrote:
(2012-05-17, 17:14)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Divingmule - don't miss my last comment....

Smile Glad you got it working.

Just FYI, this seems to only be an issue with Transparency skin. Confluence is able to remember the last used view mode for this directory.

Before I added the 'svn', I noticed that Transparency appeared to do this also... maybe something ronie fixed in the svn version.

New feature request: If you go to mlb.tv and click on 'watch/listen', if you look at the 'expanded' grid it shows the logos of the head to head matchup.... is there any way to pull those down and use them in the 'Thumbnail' view?

(2012-05-17, 17:52)sdsnyr94 Wrote: New feature request: If you go to mlb.tv and click on 'watch/listen', if you look at the 'expanded' grid it shows the logos of the head to head matchup.... is there any way to pull those down and use them in the 'Thumbnail' view?

I've looked in to this before Tongue Because the thumbnail URL given for the games actually doesn't exist until sometime after the game starts Confused

The images on that page are all (somehow? html/css) generated from http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/images/team_logos.../logos.png. If you, right click or look at the page info, you will see that they aren't actually images.

I have actually thought* about making all the different icons(would be a lot of work). I think it would be much nicer than the defaultVideoThumbnail or even the preview thumbnails.
Could you use the individual logos on the game selection screen, so it would look like:

Mets Logo @ Reds Logo 7:30pm
Pirates Logo @ Braves Logo Archived
etc...

Similar to the right side of the ATV2's native app: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/images/subscripti...4apple.png
No, with plugin style add-on your limited, basically, to a label, thumbnail, and fanart.
Just wanted to say that I tried running MLB.TV from a browser, with nexdef confirmed on full and everything, and there was honestly very little difference between that and the top-bitrate feed that can be had through this plugin.
Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm gonna run a few more trials, but if this stays consistent then I'm not too worried about whether HLS support (for Windows) evolves or not.

(2012-05-19, 23:48)goldsac Wrote: Just wanted to say that I tried running MLB.TV from a browser, with nexdef confirmed on full and everything, and there was honestly very little difference between that and the top-bitrate feed that can be had through this plugin.
Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm gonna run a few more trials, but if this stays consistent then I'm not too worried about whether HLS support (for Windows) evolves or not.

Yes, I think it's because the video decoder xbmc is using is better than whatever flash player it uses in the browser. ESPN looks much better played through xbmc than it does in the flash player as well. To be honest, I see no difference between the supposed 720p nexdef feed and the 540p feed in xbmc on my 50" tv, and I'm very picky. This makes me wonder just how good the 720p feed would look in xbmc. Big Grin

• 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on7