appletv2 with xbmc
Question 
6 months ago I bought an appletv2 with xbmc already installed for $160.00 and $25.00 per month.I want to know if i will still use xbmc after I stop paying the monthly fee? Thank you.
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note
adioukrou.
$25.00 per month for what ?
adioukrou Wrote:6 months ago I bought an appletv2 with xbmc already installed for $160.00 and $25.00 per month.I want to know if i will still use xbmc after I stop paying the monthly fee? Thank you.

Someone scammed you dude. There's a bunch of people who would probably be willing to do it for you for free if you paid for the ATV2 itself and for shipping costs. craigslist normally has local people willing to jailbreak iOS devices for a lot less than that too.

And a monthly fee on top of that? so you've paid a total of $310 for the privilege of having XBMC on an ATV2? Someone screwed you big time.
Ned Scott Wrote:Someone scammed you dude. There's a bunch of people who would probably be willing to do it for you for free if you paid for the ATV2 itself and for shipping costs. craigslist normally has local people willing to jailbreak iOS devices for a lot less than that too.

And a monthly fee on top of that? so you've paid a total of $310 for the privilege of having XBMC on an ATV2? Someone screwed you big time.

This is what I thought so now Can I stop paying the monthly fee ($25.00) and be able to still use xbmc application on my appletv2?
adioukrou.
adioukrou Wrote:This is what I thought so now Can I stop paying the monthly fee ($25.00) and be able to still use xbmc application on my appletv2?

yeah, and if I were you I would do a full restore in iTunes, rejailbreak, and reinstall XBMC. I wouldn't trust that ATV2 until then, since someone who just scammed you out of $200 is the one who set everything up.
Is there a plugin for a paid content site? That's the only thing I could think of that would require you to have to pay a monthly fee (not really an XBMC thing, however). However, given that you paid $160 for the AppleTV2 in the first place, I agree that you got scammed.
Ned Scott Wrote:yeah, and if I were you I would do a full restore in iTunes, rejailbreak, and reinstall XBMC. I wouldn't trust that ATV2 until then, since someone who just scammed you out of $200 is the one who set everything up.

Ned Scott can you walk me thru the all process of restoring if you don't mind.
adioukrou.
adioukrou Wrote:Ned Scott can you walk me thru the all process of restoring if you don't mind.

Take a look at the jailbreak sticky thread. There's enough info there to get you started.
Can't believe that someone would do that.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Where did you buy it? Really interested in seeing this website
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Smile 
darkscout Wrote:Where did you buy it? Really interested in seeing this website
Did not buy it online I bought it from a friend.Since i'm not a computer guru I though it was a good deal and i just found this forum last week which I hope will educate me on how to. I know it will be a long and hard learning but I'm willing to achive my goal.
1- Be able to setup xbmc on a pc running window vista
2- Be able to setup xbmc on a appletv2
I'm interested on the live foreign tv so will like to know how to setup that also if it's possible.

I'm count on the good people from this forum. Thank you.
adioukrou.
Great friends you have there Shocked
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
So.... like every month did he come over and tweak XBMC? Or otherwise do something?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
clumsy Wrote:great friends you have there Shocked

lol
adioukrou Wrote:Did not buy it online I bought it from a friend.Since i'm not a computer guru I though it was a good deal and i just found this forum last week which I hope will educate me on how to. I know it will be a long and hard learning but I'm willing to achive my goal.
1- Be able to setup xbmc on a pc running window vista
2- Be able to setup xbmc on a appletv2
I'm interested on the live foreign tv so will like to know how to setup that also if it's possible.

I'm count on the good people from this forum. Thank you.

Just out of curiousity, did you check the cost of the Apple TV at apple.com before you paid $160 for it?

Also, did your "friend" tell you what the $25/month was for?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
appletv2 with xbmc0