Video Wallpaper in HOME SCREEN
damn this would be like dreamscene for w7

love da idea been thinking about this too , so anybody wanna make this possible perhaps a addon or such damn would be impresive

perhaps somehow make use of that visualization code that gets used when music plays?

hmmmmmmm.......
Haven't checked all skins, but thought they could all play video in the background. Here's a snapshot of my skin playing Eureka.

Or have I missed the point :?

Edit Whoops - Sorry didn't see this thread was under Aeon, Was just browsing new threads.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

no you missed the point -.-'

this is about adding a video as background

you could compare it to dreamscene for w7 for example
Think this could be possible with some coding. Just change the skin code to playback a loping video.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Question 
ZombieRobot Wrote:its a cool idea will still introduce into showmix been wanting to have it in a skin for a long time but think i will change it so that the user can set the folder path and then users can download backdrops as packages i think users will like to try it but its for high end htpc's thats for sure

Any Chance you can link us to those pre-separated files? I'd like to do the same thing....
was anybody able to figure out how to use videobackgrounds like in meediOS?

or make an addon for xbmc that would allow it ?

now that would be something really cool ,peace
DJPoochi Wrote:Any Chance you can link us to those pre-separated files? I'd like to do the same thing....

You know i dont have the files anymore this feature will be in my eden release of showmix it requires huge files i thought people would be interested but seams like only ekim232 was keen on it we were talking about download packets for suported skins (honestly i have been looking for the perfect loop video for ages prob spent around 30 to 40 hours over the last X amount of months it has to be a 1080p video loop so when it is broken down to images the quality loss is not too bad if anyone has one to share (anyone good with AE want to contribute towards this would be awesome)
hentai23 Wrote:was anybody able to figure out how to use videobackgrounds like in meediOS?

or make an addon for xbmc that would allow it ?

now that would be something really cool ,peace

http://www.vimeo.com/26122738
ZombieRobot Wrote:http://www.vimeo.com/26122738

-.-'

already saw that one

anyhow , as said if its possible to get videobackgrounds like in meediOS

im talking actual video files not having to break down video files into million of pics in order to loop it Rolleyes

but if thats the only way ....then ok sign me up anyhow Laugh

better than nothing and million times better than an inanimate image , hope you can come up with something cool , btw

im using aeon mq3 so hope this will be compatible for it this is THE skin ok

perhaps some japanese scenery ones would be appreciated if possible too

suprise me ...Wink
ZombieRobot Wrote:You know i dont have the files anymore this feature will be in my eden release of showmix it requires huge files i thought people would be interested but seams like only ekim232 was keen on it we were talking about download packets for suported skins (honestly i have been looking for the perfect loop video for ages prob spent around 30 to 40 hours over the last X amount of months it has to be a 1080p video loop so when it is broken down to images the quality loss is not too bad if anyone has one to share (anyone good with AE want to contribute towards this would be awesome)

I have a Video degree (Altho I work in IT). I could try and help. I don't really do animation (altho I have) but if it's something already made and you need help chopping it down and altering and such, I could totally assist - lucky for me I've been going CRAZY w/ my XBMC setup as of late. I'd love to get an Animated Wallpaper going, and the MultiRoom A/V plugin (altho I've given up on that as of late since I was unable to find much support).

Let me know how I can help, and I'll do what I can so we can get this moving...
well hows this comin along yall ?.......anybodyHuh?

update:

helloo anybody interested in this Huh?what happened?
I would love to see this feature added to XBMC as well. I loved W7 dreamscenes, and think this feature would vastly add some eyecandy to XBMC over static background images. My theme would be more along the lines of a peaceful, underwater, video of coral fish with some nice ambient music. Here is a link to a 1080p video clip of the Okinawa Aquarium in 720p:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzGFtw_dh...re=related

Is anyone still looking into adding this feature? If not, I am still interested in doing this for my setup and may go ahead and go through process of splitting the video into .jpegs and tinkering with sound/audio as well.

So after splitting this HD video into separate .jpeg's and changing XBMC settings to use a multi-image backdrop and pointing to the folder I have these images in, I will need to add a "let a multi-image control loop it in high speed and non-randomized order" as BigNoid stated in 1st page?

And I am following correctly that this control is what ZombieRobot posted:
<!-- Dream Backdrop -->
<control type="multiimage">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
<imagepath>dream</imagepath>
<timeperimage>10</timeperimage>
<fadetime>0</fadetime>
<loop>yes</loop>
<randomize>false</randomize>
<animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="16000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(Animated_Backdrop)">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="-10,-10" end="20,20" time="8000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(Animated_Backdrop)">Conditional</animation>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(nodream)</visible>
</control>

Am I on the right track? If so, hoping this works with Cirrus Extended v2 and I'm going to give it a shot. For audio, I am going to use an internet radio stream for DI.FM Ambient Station I have saved as a playlist and set that to launch at startup.

I am going to s@#$t a brick if i get this working!
let us know how it goes so everybody can get this im looking forward to get the video background goin for mq3
Here we go, i have an idea and here my progress:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=921...count=1821
ohhhhh oh yes yes please hell yes!!!

now some ultra hd 1080p video backgrounds some nice ones like some serene japanese nature clips you know mix em up make it fresh or such and we have a winner

not saying youre background wasnt 1080p but couldnt notice since the low rez tube clip , general rule never trust a clip if it sez 1080p mostly on the tube itd be real 720p if at all , thers only few that are actual 1080p on youtube xD

p.s: funny all the time of using xbmc i knew several things was missing and this is one major thing!!! and me the person that customizes the crap out of his os and uses dreamscene himself hasnt created this thread ....-.-'...xD

dont forget to make this work with aeon mq3 DA MONSTA SKIN of em all!!! hail to da king baby !!! xD, youl shit brix once the full version is released in a couple days ....

oh and whitershores love dat okinawa aquarium even thou it was low rez 720p compressed by youtube xD.... we need more like those perhaps some temple scenes with nice and quiet settings including some sakura ones too , ive tried em all and in the end it all comes down to this , an animated background if you trully want to get its use then you gotta use something thats no repetitive and relaxing , not hooray hardcore heavy metal musiv videos or constant comercials or video game clips as ive seen some kids do thats NOT what an animated background should be -.-'

not to forget the video source must be of highest quality , meaning no fake interpolated 60 frames , 30-35 is natural motion and doesnt have that fake feel to it , then faded colours and unsharp picture aka compression is a no go !my 2 cents

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Wallpaper in HOME SCREEN1