2011 mac mini video freeze issue
I was having this issue on linux as well, so I would wager something else is causing this.

What actually brought me to this thread was

CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for flip to complete

Which I had never seen in my logs before. And it occurs at the point of freezing.

I also happened to notice that the Weather Plus addon had an error as well at around the same point. I disabled it and seem to be working again.

If you have addons, try disabling them as they may not be compatible with the nightly versions.
kodi from https://github.com/eternalsword/xbmc/tree/delta, transparency 7.1.5, funtoo kernel 3.18.0
the_jaguar Wrote:IXBMC freeze issue happens even when I am not playing a video and I am just browsing within the software. When the mouse pointer is focused on XBMC, I get the beach ball. The only way to get XBMC to respond is by changing focus to a different application and then coming back to XBMC. I am quite lost trying to figure out what's going on...

I have an identical problem
the_jaguar Wrote:It turns out that this freeze is due to multiple users being logged in.
<SNIP>
This is a huge disappointment because the main reason I bought the 2011 mac mini (with Lion) was to have it multi-task as a HTPC and also screen share a 2nd user simultaneously...

Oh really?! :-( I did the same thing (got lion for 2nd user capibility)
Bump. I've just encountered this as well. Has there been any update into what's causing this, and what a fix might be (besides deleting a second user account)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2011 mac mini video freeze issue0