No DTS ASRock 152D - Sony NX710F
Hi all,
I'm pretty new to the imaginary world of XBMC. I recently received my ASRock Ion 3D 152D and installed a xbmcfreak live cd (Natty Dharma v2) which I downloaded from a Dutch site (xbmcfreak.nl).

I have connected the ASRock to my Sony Bravia NX710(f) trough HDMI for image as well as sound.

After some tweaking I managed to get sound over HDMI when watching a Youtube video. Next I downloaded a 1080P sample video with DTS sound, however when playing this video there is no sound at all. I also noticed the soundbar of the NX710 does not swith to DTS.

Is there anyone who also shares the above setup and has a solution for this problem?

Any help would be great!

Thanks & regards,
T.
@tolgaliya

also an ASRock 152D and a Sony Bravia (HX920).

Running Ubuntu minimal 11.04 and XBMX 10.1 (did a 'trick' for ppa-maverick).
Via HDMI I first had no sound at all. Then installed "alsa-utils" and in alsamixer checked/unmuted all channels. Also editted .asoundrc:

pcm.dmixer {
type dmix
ipc_key 1024
slave {
pcm "hw:1,7"
period_time 0
period_size 1024
buffer_size 8192
#periods 128
#rate 44100
rate 48000
}
bindings {
0 0
1 1
}
}

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

This gave me the system-sounds and a test-avi played with sound so I was happy until I tried to play a movie with DD/DTS. No sound at all :confused2:

For testing I connected a spdif (optical) cable directly to my amplifier and changed 'hdmi' to 'digital' and then my amplifier was happy to play sounds!

But, ahhhh, no more system-sounds and my test-avi (normal stereo) also gave no sound anymore.
So I have to dig deeper in the settings I guess.

Ed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DTS ASRock 152D - Sony NX710F0