Which DVB-C Stick?
Hello,
I recently ordered a lenovo q150. Because I want to have Live-TV with xbmc, I am looking for a dvb-c stick that will work with windows. I couldn't really find other threads that are up to date, thats why I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance.
Greets
Alex
USB DVB-C are usually larger than DVB-T sticks.
Here are Linux supported ones of course they work in windows os
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Catego...SB_Devices
Thank you. They are big^^, I was more thinking of the size of this one: http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Stick...tml#review
wouldn't this one also be possible, or is there a significant difference that makes this one or a similar one impossible for my plans?
Thumbs Up 
Alex89 Wrote:Hello,
I recently ordered a lenovo q150. Because I want to have Live-TV with xbmc, I am looking for a dvb-c stick that will work with windows. I couldn't really find other threads that are up to date, thats why I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance.
Greets
Alex

My recommendation is clearly to buy a Sundtek Stick. I have three of them and all work great. The poeple at Sundtek make a real point of supporting Linux, so I would say: support them too!

Here is a link: Sundtek Digital-TV-Sticks/

Seems I was a minute too late ... Wink
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Clients: RPi3, Wetek Play, Nvidia Shield
Server: Cubietruck with VDR; RPi3, Wetek Play
With Sundtek DVB-C Sticks (and Wetek Play tuners)
alright, thanks, I think if you made a good experience with the sundtek i will take this one. but you use it with linux aren't you?
Alex89 Wrote:alright, thanks, I think if you made a good experience with the sundtek i will take this one. but you use it with linux aren't you?

I definitely do, and, actually, I recommend you do the same e.g. using yaVDR (if you have an NVIDIA graphics adapter) or XBMC live or even OpenELEC.

However, the stick apparently also works on this other OS of which I do not remember the name Wink
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
I think I try it with linux definitely, I'll also get the atom d525+ion2, how fast ist switching through the channels roundabout?...Can't wait to try everything when I'll get it next week Smile
doesn't take longer than on a TV; indeed, I would say it is faster on my ION using yaVDR than it is on my TV
great to hear that, I ordered it an I hope it won't take too long!
if i install ubuntu, should i install a 32 or a 64 bit ubuntu?
Alex89 Wrote:if i install ubuntu, should i install a 32 or a 64 bit ubuntu?

It doesn't matter. I have yaVDR 0.3 running (32bit Lucid) as well as a plain Ubuntu Natty (64 bit) and yaVDR 0.4alpha (based on Natty 64bit) and all work well. However, if given the choice, I would go for the 64bit system (see also my signature).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which DVB-C Stick?0