OnDemand Television
Hi, there is a plugin for our ondemand system which I have been successfully using via AppleTV with XBMC loaded.

But upon asking the site if they could provide an official plugin like they provide to the PS3 crowd I was giving the following URL:
http://tvnz.co.nz/ondemand/xl

Is there anyway I can use this with XBMC to play video files (specifically on the ATV2)

TIA
not on the atv just yet (hasn't been updated to eden-pre), but in general we have that add-on for dharma.
spiff Wrote:not on the atv just yet (hasn't been updated to eden-pre), but in general we have that add-on for dharma.

Is this the NZ Ondemand Tv plugin? I have had that working on Atv.

Or is this a new plugin that you're talking about?

/XL in the path, that was similar to what youtube did for a while wasn't it?
nz ondemand add-on yes. sure, the dharma version *might* work, but i haven't tried it (it's geolocked and i'm on the complete opposite side of the world Wink)
That link displays a prompt to press X with a pic of a PS3 controller displayed in the middle of the page, not much use if you don't have a PS3 controller...

Are you sure they understood your question? because it looks like they have given you the link for the PS3.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Ardalista Wrote:That link displays a prompt to press X with a pic of a PS3 controller displayed in the middle of the page, not much use if you don't have a PS3 controller...

Are you sure they understood your question? because it looks like they have given you the link for the PS3.

I think to a degree they did. Enter BTW works (at least in FF) and the arrow keys.

So yes the pictures are wrong but the functionality seems to be there.

So back to my original question - is there a browser for XBMC that would be able to consume this website? No harm in trying it if there is, especially since at the moment the NZ Ondemand plugin may not be working ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=ondemand )
NZ Ondemand is working to a certain degree...

I'm finding random shows are giving me issues but some play without problems.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

It's a bit of a hack.. but I've managed to get Advanced Launcher to launch my default browser (firefox) to the URL provided in the first post.

Yes, NZ OnDemand works for the most part. It's not been updated for a while - feel free to take it on if you know python.

And yes, it utilizes the PS3 XML listings to get the content.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OnDemand Television0