Unable to connect to remote server, continue scanning
Is anyone else having this issue? It just randomly happened one day I started XBMC and it shows this error when it scans the library for new content. The only change that I have made was using my android phone as a remote but this happened like a week or two after I was using my phone as a remote, so I doubt that is the issue. I can post a log but I forgot how and where it's been so long. I just wanted to quickly see if the scraper sites or servers were down or something before I got into posting a log, also this issue has been going on for about a week or so.

Thanks in advance.
I seem to be having the same problem. I've added some shows yesterday and they were scraped just fine. I then added some more seasons of several shows and now I get the above mentioned error.

The thetvdb.com website seems to be up, so I don't think it's a general problem.

I only have TV shows, no movies on my computer so I can't check if this also happens when scraping for movies.

In my log file I get the following error:
Code:
11:23:01 T:2156 M:4294967295 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
11:23:01 T:2156 M:4294967295   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
11:23:01 T:2156 M:4294967295   ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site

I've tried installing the youTube add-on like it's suggested in this thread, but that also didn't fix the problem.

Updating weather information and RSS feeds seems to be working just fine as well.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens?
nielsvaes Wrote:I seem to be having the same problem. I've added some shows yesterday and they were scraped just fine. I then added some more seasons of several shows and now I get the above mentioned error.

I am having the same problem with scraping of TV shows only. Movies are still working fine. I am running Ubuntu. Here are the relevant parts of my log file. Tell me if you want me to post the whole thing:

Quote:19:35:13 T:2766969712 M:2769977344 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
19:35:13 T:2766969712 M:2769977344 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
19:35:13 T:2766969712 M:2769977344 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
19:35:16 T:2766969712 M:2769592320 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:13
19:35:19 T:2810149744 M:2769207296 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
19:35:19 T:2810149744 M:2769207296 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
19:35:19 T:2810149744 M:2769207296 ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </home/*******/.xbmc/addons/packages/metadata.common.imdb.com-2.1.1.zip>. trying lower case </home/*******/.xbmc/addons/packages/metadata.common.imdb.com-2.1.1.zip>
CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT (28)

Operation timeout. The specified time-out period was reached according to the conditions.

simply server overload from the looks of it.
I guess we'll just have to wait then Smile
I seem to be having the same problem
but i retry, connect again and it worked
Had same error last night I thought I had a network issue. After 2 hours of trying many things I uninstalled xbmc and reinstalled and it worked fine after that.
Even if i try to surf youtube, TED, and some other addons i am unable to play any videos from them, says failed to log in or search. Thanks for the quick replies if it keeps up then I will just reinstall XBMC, would I have to set it all up again from scratch or would it keep my settings?
Well I turned on XBMC today and still gives me the error. Should i just reinstall it or wait for a new release? I remember reading that there will be a new release of XBMC that supports HD audio formats, can anyone shed some light on this?
I reinstalled XBMC and I still get the error. Am I supposed to completely delete everything and start from scratch? If so then that is a major pain.
doat Wrote:I reinstalled XBMC and I still get the error. Am I supposed to completely delete everything and start from scratch? If so then that is a major pain.

Enable debug logging, restart XBMC, attempt to play a video then pop the debug log on pastebin.com for us to have a look at. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File for how to get at the debug log.

JR
Strange I did not get the error so it seemed like it was working fine but it still would not fully update the library with the new videos and episodes I have added. I started up XBMC and I did not get the error so I played a movie that I can only see if I go to Videos instead of Movies then I exited XBMC.
http://pastebin.com/HECghJav
Did I post the log fine? Can you guys see it?
Was the film "Indiana Jones I Raiders of the Lost Ark.mkv"?

As it happens I have this film, so I copied it to a new folder and scanned that folder, and the scan found the film and put it in the library, which surprised me a bit as the name isn't in the usual format. Try renaming the file to:

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981).mkv

then start xbmc, enable debug logging and update the library. Pop the debug log on pastebin as before. XBMC should spot the changed file name and attempt to scan it.

JR
Yea that and the last crusade along with a few episodes of breaking bad, curb your enthusiasm and a couple of other shows it won't read. I will try adding the year now. Thanks.

Here is the log, I got the unable to connect to remote server error again and it didn't read the movies
http://pastebin.com/wSnV7cs6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to connect to remote server, continue scanning0