atv2 nightly, nfs music library... stuttering audio issues
hi all, tried to do a search before i posted this, apologies if it is already covered somewhere.

i am running the latest nightly build on an atv2 with the aeon mq2 skin and all my media is on an nfs server (os x snow leopard on a hackintosh).

anyway, i have no problems streaming hd (except for xvid) movies, icefilms works great, everything seems to stream as expected. however, i just started testing music (i have not previously done so when i was on a samba library).

i'm noticing a lot of stuttering of audio during playback.

any ideas? is it the skin i'm using (taking up too much memory)?

please advise. thanks in advance.
more info... seems like playback of music files is fine from within album or track view, but once i do anything else that requires disk or network access i get major stuttering issues. seems like certain skins are better than others as well... aeon mq2 is pretty rough, and the others i tried are pretty bad as well (neon svn, rapier pm3).

is this a known issue? is there a way in settings to buffer more of a track before playing to circumvent it?

thanks.
threatdisplay Wrote:more info... seems like playback of music files is fine from within album or track view, but once i do anything else that requires disk or network access i get major stuttering issues. seems like certain skins are better than others as well... aeon mq2 is pretty rough, and the others i tried are pretty bad as well (neon svn, rapier pm3).

is this a known issue? is there a way in settings to buffer more of a track before playing to circumvent it?

thanks.

You're not alone. I reckon it's CPU. I tend to put it in full screen mode with no visualization when playing music, and CPU drops down to ~%30 with no stuttering. Would love to hear comments from any devs!
known issue ... fullscreen mode fixes it (even with vizualisations activated)... Could be the same issue which is causing the slow thumbnail/fanart loading ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:known issue ... fullscreen mode fixes it (even with vizualisations activated)... Could be the same issue which is causing the slow thumbnail/fanart loading ...

thanks for the response, memphiz

i spent the evening trying out several skins and found that alaska revisited worked best for minimizing the stuttering audio issue. thankfully, it is also a gorgeous skin and works well with the apple remote.

i guess i was really taxing the cpu using aeon mq2. i am no longer seeing any crashes when rapidly scrolling through my movie library. =)

btw i tested this with only a half dozen albums/artists out of my 500 gigs of music. i'm going to start adding more over the next few days to see how it handles it.

cheers, and thanks for all the amazing work!
I am glad you guys are on the case with this one, I also have stuttering audio when it anything but the main screen, but I thought it was my issue with some flakey new wireless connection (just moved) although I have been playing 720p media fine.

Looking forward to this one being fixed Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
atv2 nightly, nfs music library... stuttering audio issues0