Which is the best scraper to use for movies
Hi all

Been using emm for a few days but I have problems with it.

1 it will not find subtitles in the movies and set the lang.
2 it does not put my audio to english as my movies only have one track but for some reason will not set the lang
3 does not scrape country.

I wish it would do it automatically I have tried xbmc own scraper but half the time the studio flags just have ? But emm you can change a studio that works asany movies are made by more than one studio.

Can anyone suggest a good scraper or is emm the best out there as emm seems to have no more support.

I like to save the infos fanart and poster to the right folders which I have done as I have user emm but just wanted to know if there was better

Thanks
I use ember and while those few items are missing over all to me its the best, it allows me the most control from a unified screen.

I sometimes use XBNE to make edits to the DB like if i remove a movie or need to force an update and its not working well via XBMC.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

I have used nearly everything out there.
Ember
YANFOE (Yet Another NFO Editor) - By far the slowest NFO editor I have ever used
XBMC Media Manager Add-on
XBNE
MyMovies - Absolute waste of effort and a system resource hog.
Media Info Plus
... and probably others that I can not recall a this moment.

Everyone of them has there short comings.

My favorite, for ease of use, speed, and completeness is Ember -by a landslide.
Obviously, this is only my opinion... YMMV
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
can you not get EMM to scrape english subtitles and also adding a english field to the audio. I have to do this manualy.

and can you not scrape the counrty in emm ?

cheers
meridius Wrote:can you not get EMM to scrape english subtitles and also adding a english field to the audio. I have to do this manualy.

and can you not scrape the counrty in emm ?

cheers

This is getting boring...

- No, countries are not supported in EMM
- EMM is not scraping subtitles no, but no this is not something what other media mangers do as well (maybe there are some exception)
- Ember is adding language tag perfectly to the audio stream - although I don't know if there is any skin out there which utilize this

XBMC is doing all this perfectly!
Why don't you ask the skin maintainer to add unknown studios? Or better if you would add in your own!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which is the best scraper to use for movies0