Sort Movies by release date?
is there a way to sort the movies by release date? either theatrical or DVD/Bluray. would prefer DVD/Bluray street date but either is ok. i haven't seen this anywhere, and it's a nice way to sort
--
Options menu > Sort Order.
that only gives release year, not really what i'm looking for.
--
I think year is the only sort option. There isn't an option to sort by any finer grained date.

JR
I would love this as well. Recently Added is fine and all, but to display with "Recently Released," now that would be something! Having new DVD/Bluray releases first, in the order they were released...you get the point. A huge +1 from me Big Grin
I love my Mac Mini :;):
+1 from me as well. I know this is possible in Plex, any way to get it working in xbmc?
Thanks for this thread, I found what I needed. Enjoying the program now.
UnisonRuss Wrote:I would love this as well. Recently Added is fine and all, but to display with "Recently Released," now that would be something! Having new DVD/Bluray releases first, in the order they were released...you get the point. A huge +1 from me Big Grin

+ 1
+1 for me ... With every new update, I go directly to this sort option, hoping that the XBMC team has added it.

With hundreds of movies, it's great to sort by release date specifically, it would probably be one of the most used sort options if it were available.

Another really great option would be Watched>Release Date. In other words, unwatched first, then ordered by release date inside of those. Followed by watched, ordered by release date.

However, the simpler option would be fine ;-)
Plex has this, and i use it and sort by recently added the most
--
IIRC we store only the year in the database, not the full date. So first step would be ensuring the scrapers support it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi all, i'm a XBMC Eden user with confluence skin, as most people like, i follow the lastest movie from everywhere i could,
but i have a sorting problem, that is how could i know what's the most hot movie people see? In the past, i use "year"
to sort in playlist, such as "2012", but in fact, this range is too large to confuse people select, therefore, i think "premiere date"
is the best way to scope the range.

But i found it's useless because the vaule of premiere is empty after IMDB scraper, the worst is there's no item of "premiere" to
sort in smart playlist, so i cannot think more better method to achieve my goal, anyone good idea? thank you~
Ratings would seem a natural... The Top 250 are picked out easily, and using the plugin IMDB rating tool, it will update your whole collection in no time to reflect real world IMDB ratings. Then there's the 'recently added' feature of most skins. You could make a smart playlist, that uses ratings and year to exclude all in a specific year but those at certain rating and higher.
Thanks, but top 250 of IMDB rate + 2012 year will lost the last new movie, such as Avengers, Battleship, there are really very HOT!!

Besides, i found IMDB have a item of release date, it's almost the premiere date, isn't it? it's also not empty....
ex:
Battleship: Release Date: 11 April 2012 (Taiwan) See more »
Avengers: Release Date: 25 April 2012 (Taiwan) See more »

why not use this "release date" to scraper data?

(2012-05-15, 21:30)PatK Wrote: Ratings would seem a natural... The Top 250 are picked out easily, and using the plugin IMDB rating tool, it will update your whole collection in no time to reflect real world IMDB ratings. Then there's the 'recently added' feature of most skins. You could make a smart playlist, that uses ratings and year to exclude all in a specific year but those at certain rating and higher.

i also think this's awesome and IMDB scraper also have this item of premiere date from export nfo file, but the value is empty?? However, i found IMDB website have release date item to scarp, how about that?

below data is from IMDB website:
Battleship:
Release Date: 11 April 2012 (Taiwan) See more »

Avengers:
Release Date: 25 April 2012 (Taiwan) See more »

remark: search for this thread is very hard to find, because key word of "release date" will find lots of "[Release]...", i found this thread by google....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort Movies by release date?2