Karaoke and .Zip MP3+CDG
I've looked on the Wiki and through the forums and couldn't find an answer for this question.

I'm trying to setup Karaoke using XBMC, i've used these files using KaraFun and it works just fine but XBMC doesn't like it. The files are .zip with 2 files inside, each zip contains a .mp3 and a .cdg. All files are named the same with the exception of the format/container.

When trying to import these files into XBMC from the settings/music/karakoe it doesn't find any of the .zips, even if they are unzipped and just have both files showing in a folder.

Any idea's on what i might be doing wrong?
Hi,
Fairly old thread my I've been struggling with this for some time and finally got to a solution.

You first need to make sure the mp3 inside has the correct tags (so filenames are not enough).. also for karaoke I'd change all albums to just "karaoke" otherwise you'll end up with loads of albums (one per song) and you dont know which song until you click into an album (i.e. SF003-23 means nothing as an album)

Also I found that I couldnt get this to work with kodi, but I got xbmc gotham and all good!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karaoke and .Zip MP3+CDG0