Looney Tunes???
I uploaded some old Looney Tunes cartoons to my comp, but XBMC is failing to recognize them. They're all Bugs Bunny shorts. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

Are they categorized as TV Shows or Movies (since they originally ran in movie theatres)??
I know from previous experience you'll find these animated shorts listed on IMDB, so I guess that's the scraper to use. If in doubt check the TVDb, if they're on there you have your answer.
So, i have to change my scraper then? This is the first time this has ever happened. Weird.
Weird how? A scraper it's not a piece of magic, it just retrieves stuff from an external database. If stuff is not there, you change scraper.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I would put the cartoons in a directory that isn't included in your existing sources, then create a new source just for the cartoons. That allows you to play with the scraper settings without messing up anything else in the database.

JR
I had a similar question about "Looney Tunes Golden Collection" The files are split into different folders for each disc and it's a 6 disc collection. Does anyone have any insight on how to get it to scrape?
tazelaaarq Wrote:I had a similar question about "Looney Tunes Golden Collection" The files are split into different folders for each disc and it's a 6 disc collection. Does anyone have any insight on how to get it to scrape?

I'd like to know this, too...
i'm also trying to figure this out... any suggestions?
IMDB won't work, but they seem to be listed on thetvdb.com.
They are sorted by year (1930-2009) rather than season. I'm guessing individual files may need to be named something like "S1958E13 Knighty Knight Bugs", but I'm not at home to give it a try.
I also have the Golden Collection sitting in my Work-in-Progress folder. Not looking forward to renaming all the files. Have not had a chance to test if using years as season numbers will work (may be too many digits?) Even if it does, we would need to go file by file and find the correct year an episode number by searching this list:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=72514&lid=7

Then rename the files accordingly. Quite a task.
Did anyone ever figure out a way to do this? I have been looking and reading as well, and can't find anything besides Tim.'s example. Renaming 300+ files to the year and episode by finding the episode on that list is a task indeed. I have tried about 3-4 though, and it works. It just lumps them into one large list though and doesn't separate them by years.
As a new xbmc user I am also running into this problem. Is there any way to get it to match on the episode title only? I named all mine "d01e01 Baseball Bugs.m4v", etc. which is 1942x2. But since the name is exact...
I ended up using Tim's method it was time consuming but worked perfectly, my system treats each year as a season.
So I whipped up a quick powershell script to rename my files based off the data from thetvdb data. The initial run I got all except 49 episodes renamed. Took about 10 minutes. I'll post the method an script I used.
Corrected all my initial naming mistakes, 3 left because they have a ? or : which are not allowed in file name, so I had to name those manually with the year and episode number.

The three that have those characters:

NOT FOUND Operation Rabbit
NOT FOUND What's Up Doc
NOT FOUND What's Opera, Doc

1: Copy past the TheTVDB data to a Google spreadsheet. I left just the Name and Number columns.
2: Export the data to a csv file.
3: Run this script.

Code:
param ($Source, $EpisodeDataFile)

$EpisodeData = Import-Csv $EpisodeDataFile

$Files = Get-ChildItem $Source -recurse -include *.m4v

foreach ($File in $Files){

if ($File.Name -match "d(\d+)e(\d+) (.*).m4v"){
        $NameMatches = $Matches
        $Episode = $EpisodeData | Where-Object Name -eq $NameMatches[3]

if ($Episode){
            #Write-Host "FOUND" $NameMatches[3]

#$Episode.Number
            if ($Episode.Number -match "(\d+) x (\d+)"){
                $NewFileName = "Looney Tunes s$($Matches[1])e$($Matches[2]) $($NameMatches[3]).m4v"
                Write-Host "FOUND" $NewFileName
                Rename-Item $File $NewFileName
            }

}
        else {
            Write-Host "NOT FOUND" $NameMatches[3]
        }
    }
}

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looney Tunes???2