• 15(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
Ogi010 Wrote:Nope, they are different images.

banner.jpg is a banner and poster.jpg is a poster.

Aeon MQ 2 (and I imagine most XBMC skins) can use thumbnails other than poster.jpg.

So let's say I have a poster view I like, and a banner view I like, and I switch between the two regularly. Currently, each time I would want to switch view types, I would have to overwrite the poster.jpg files with either a banner or a poster, depending on the view type within the skin I wanted, which can get annoying, should I say want to switch views regularly.

Now with most skins, it can look for banner files in ..\TV Show\banner.jpg (instead of poster.jpg). So if you're watching a skin through a poster view, you can see posters (and more importantly, poster.jpg), and if you switch to a banner view, you will see banners without having to rename/overwrite files, since the banner view will look for banner files as banner.jpg.

I know this is confusing, if it still doesn't make sense, I can take a video using fraps illustrating what I'm talking about.

Talking about TV shows, and not movies then, correct? since movies don't download banners.
Both poster and banner images are downloaded automatically for tv shows, by default it will set the poster image as default thumbnail.

There's an option in the TV preferences to set the 'Default Thumb' to either banner or poster.
By choosing the option "Update Show Status" from the file menu, it should update the default thumb if you change this option.

Then all you'd have to do is refresh the items from within the skin and the new default thumb should be used.

Does this sound like what you're searching for?
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
MariusTh86 Wrote:Talking about TV shows, and not movies then, correct? since movies don't download banners.
Both poster and banner images are downloaded automatically for tv shows, by default it will set the poster image as default thumbnail.

There's an option in the TV preferences to set the 'Default Thumb' to either banner or poster.
By choosing the option "Update Show Status" from the file menu, it should update the default thumb if you change this option.

Then all you'd have to do is refresh the items from within the skin and the new default thumb should be used.

Does this sound like what you're searching for?

Didn't realize that it download banners and posters and stored them locally... I'll experiment with this.

Sorry I didn't define it earlier, but this was indeed for TV shows Smile
Ogi010 Wrote:Didn't realize that it download banners and posters and stored them locally... I'll experiment with this.

Sorry I didn't define it earlier, but this was indeed for TV shows Smile

Alright, let me know how your experiments go! Wink
@MariusTh86 Still loving this app! I can confirm that it works also with the Boxee Box (which I actually use instead of XBMC) so keep up the good work ;-)
I will, dank je wel Wink
MariusTh86 Wrote:I will, dank je wel Wink
Geen dank!
Just wanted to sign in and tell you that your software is amazing ! Its very easy to use and makes life so much easier. Thanks for all of your hard work.
Thank you! it's great to hear that my work is appreciated! ^^
v0.5b12 - 21/09/2011
--------------------
* [New] More descriptive messages when mass updating or mass fetching items.
* [Fix] Changed some naming issues for fanart and posters.
* [Fix] Other minor changes and adjustments.

Let me know how it runs!
Marius mentioned earlier wanting to know about some other sites for fanart etc. This FAQ for the Aeon skin has some locations worthy of note in Section 2 and 3;

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50344

Ogi010 Wrote:Aeon MQ 2 (and I imagine most XBMC skins) can use thumbnails other than poster.jpg.

Here's a good explanation of how Aeon uses the different types of images available (I'm sure other skins are reasonably similar). It might be of help to Marius sorting out any issues with image downloads etc.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50120
Very detailed explanation, I believe ViMM supports most of those images and naming concepts, except extra thumbs since those would need to be extracted from the video itself.
I guess I'll also be looking into those websites for extra artworks. ^^
But if it'll be a lot of results, researching a grid view first will be a really good idea.

If anyone is missing any image types/names, let me know.
MariusTh86, best version so far !!!!
No errors, works fast , almost perfect :-)

Now , show me the sets :-))))))))
and if you do make it work with sets, think of maybe adding SET art and also Fan Art for Sets, that would be great. No other tool does that ....

Keep up the good work
Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work! Been looking for an intuitive way to manage my media collection for OSX. I have one question dealing with movie trailers. The only way I'm able to get XBMC to recognize them is if I change the trailer file extension to .flv as opposed to .ext is this normal? I've recently switched from Plex to XBMC and still trying to get a grasp on the differences. Thanks again!
Talking about movie sets, VIMM gives error reading EMM nfo's with movie sets code. It gives Invalid xml data error.

EDIT
Ups. I've just updated to last beta and no more errors on movie set code.
Thanks
johnnyrook82 Wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work! Been looking for an intuitive way to manage my media collection for OSX. I have one question dealing with movie trailers. The only way I'm able to get XBMC to recognize them is if I change the trailer file extension to .flv as opposed to .ext is this normal? I've recently switched from Plex to XBMC and still trying to get a grasp on the differences. Thanks again!

'.ext' was actually my way of saying '.extension', which would mean any video extension such as '.flv', '.avi', '.mp4' or whichever format the video is in.

'.ext' is not actually a movie extension, so this shouldn't be used at all ever for a video file, it's just hard to define a good representation for the miriad of movie file extensions available.
Since mine only downloads '.flv', I guess I'll be save in using that instead of '.ext' until I find a better or higher quality format.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19