• 40(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
I see. But I'm having IndexOutOfBound problem whenever I tried to read the metadata (via the info button). Then the program will terminate soon after. I wonder what's causing it.
Is there a reason why my clearart and logos show up way to the right of the window? They are all being cut off outside the bounds of the window and some of the smaller ones are not visible at all.
try and send me one of those NFO files that's causing you troubles, and i'll have a look at it.

@Ibbeurmann:
Try removing the preferences in "~/Library/Preferences/ViMediaManager.plist"
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
MariusTh86 Wrote:@Ibbeurmann:
Try removing the preferences in "~/Library/Preferences/ViMediaManager.plist"

OK. I removed it, that did the trick. Thanks!
Finally made the switch from EMM and need to say that I like the clean GUI. Also, it scrapes things in rocket-speed. Thanks for the great work!!!

A few thoughts / request / bugs:

1) Just scraped the movie with IMDB tt1742650. Don't know why, but it shows up as 2012 rather than 2011 and does not have a rating. Works for all other movies, but this one does not work.

2) No movie studio icons and no identification of media flags?

3) Any chance to choose among different posters or fanarts?

4) Feature request: enter youtube URL to download trailer manually; also enter manual URL for posters/fanart

5) Feature request: find duplicate movies
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
1. i'm not sure why this happens, odd glitch..

2. Media flags is in the pipeline for, hopefully the next version, movie studio images have to be downloaded separately, there are some packs available on the forum, to include it with ViMM would make the download much bigger, not to mention that it might make the creators of those packs angry with me. Wink
There's a link in the 'Help' menu, after you download a pack, unzip it and place a folder named 'Studios' with all the images within it, in either ViMediaManager's Application Support folder in "/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/ViMediaManager" or next to the application.

3. There's an image button in the toolbar that should give you a drop down menu to download another poster, fanart, or anything. You can also open the metadata window by clicking on the metadata button in the toolbar, and go to the poster/fanart/extra images tab and press the download button.

4. Youtube or Direct Trailer URL is already working, i just need to get the next version ready. Wink
If you've got a URL for an image, you're probably already viewing the image in your browser. I'm not entirely sure, but you may be able to drag and drop the image from the browser into the metadata window under the poster/fanart/extra art tab, by dragging it over the picture field. Otherwise you can drag the image from your browser to the desktop, and then from the desktop into the mentioned picture field.

5. I'll put it on my ToDo list, and look into it.
Thanks a lot!!!

ad 2) at second thought, I may not even need the studioflags. Am I right that it wil still show the studio flags in xbmc as this info is not stored in nfo anyways? this would be different for the mediaflags, where xbmc will read bluray/dvd, 16:9/others, dts/dds/others from the nfo file?

ad 3) got it, thanks! would it be possible to have the default fanart download be 1080p if available?

ad 4+5) fantastic!

and 2 more questions/requests:
6) any chance for a button to update selected fields (e.g., only update imdb rating)?

7) any chance to have "ticks" similar to ember that indicates whether the movie has nfo/poster/fanart/trailer and lets me sort the list for missing "ticks"? Thanks!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
MariusTh86,

Great app. Going from absolutely nothing available on Mac to what you've already delivered is an amazing accomplishment. You've saved me from wasting time and money on VMWare and Windows just to get Ember.

Whatever improvements you deliver whenever you deliver them will be much appreciated. Keep up the great work.

A Grateful Mac Desktop + Atom/Ion Linux XBMC User
2. ) There are some media flags that are recordable in the NFO file such as 16:9 resolution, amount of audio channels, and some more, which i’m trying to record using an external library, but i’m still having a few problems with it when it contains outlandish characters which ViMM can’t read, so i’m still working on that.

3. ) When you download information for the first time, it downloads an information XML page, which contains 1 poster and 1 fanart URL (if any at all are available), which i’m downloading as the default art. I think those 2 are based on the most downloaded or favorite art.

6. ) As with TV shows, i’m planing an ‘update movies’ menu item in the file menu, which should update the ratings, add new poster/fanart URLs, and some other update-able things.

7. ) I’ve shown some stuff that i’ve been able to get working for the next version in a sneak peak a while back, i think these images should answer this question:

Thanks for your quick reply.

MariusTh86 Wrote:2. ) There are some media flags that are recordable in the NFO file such as 16:9 resolution, amount of audio channels, and some more, which i’m trying to record using an external library, but i’m still having a few problems with it when it contains outlandish characters which ViMM can’t read, so i’m still working on that.

That would be fantastic. Appears to be a missing piece for me to fully replace EMM.

MariusTh86 Wrote:3. ) When you download information for the first time, it downloads an information XML page, which contains 1 poster and 1 fanart URL (if any at all are available), which i’m downloading as the default art. I think those 2 are based on the most downloaded or favorite art.

Sounds good to me. Even better would be "most downloaded" among 1080p followed by (if none available) "most downloaded (others)".

MariusTh86 Wrote:6. ) As with TV shows, i’m planing an ‘update movies’ menu item in the file menu, which should update the ratings, add new poster/fanart URLs, and some other update-able things.

That would be great. Ideally, it would allow to select, which of the ones to update (e.g., only IMDB ratings, only movie studios).

MariusTh86 Wrote:7. ) I’ve shown some stuff that i’ve been able to get working for the next version in a sneak peak a while back, i think these images should answer this question

This indeed looks fabulous. Will there be sort-buttons on the top that allows to identify the ones that does not have trailers? Or not have fanarts?

Separate question - where does the trailers come from that are downloaded automatically?
no sort buttons at the top, but there's some sort options in the preferences, i'm hoping to add some sort options for extra items.

Currently, the trailer URL is generally a YouTube URL that is fetched from the TMDB information. (In the current version though, it doesn't show weather or not such a URL is actually available, so it makes the progressbar spin forever, I've fixed this for the next version)
The screenshots really look amazing.

Can´t hardly wait to get my hands on this.

Keep up the good work and i hope you get a new job.

Macs
MariusTh86 Wrote:Currently, the trailer URL is generally a YouTube URL that is fetched from the TMDB information. (In the current version though, it doesn't show weather or not such a URL is actually available, so it makes the progressbar spin forever, I've fixed this for the next version)

Great, would be even better if you can make some "check" whether it is a proper trailer (e.g., at least 1MB of size). Had the issue with one movie that there was an invalid TMDB link and a 2kb "trailer" was then downloaded.
steve1977 Wrote:Great, would be even better if you can make some "check" whether it is a proper trailer (e.g., at least 1MB of size). Had the issue with one movie that there was an invalid TMDB link and a 2kb "trailer" was then downloaded.

I believe it's already reacting better to that in my builds, since it seemed to download a 'file not found' page or something when there wasn't a URL to navigate to, now it throws up a message that there isn't a URL available.
Dear Marius,

we are so in love, already, in your product, but the same we are waiting for new version to arrive. Do you have any ETAs in your head?
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19