• 106(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
I'm talking about update list (after all my movies are already in and scanned)

I just timed it so I could be more precise - update list without having added anything new took 9min 2secs to complete. (so my 10 min guess was quite close!)

I'm using a QNAP with dual gigabit ethernet connections.

It probably has to check a lot of files, so dunno if there is any room for speeding it up.

It just means that each time a new movie is added, it needs a circa 10 min scan before grabbing metadata for it.

One other thing.. I think I am using AFP to connect to the NAS - I believe there are faster protocols? I'm not very up on Mac networking, so any guidance would be good!
(2013-07-08, 14:12)psykix Wrote: It just means that each time a new movie is added, it needs a circa 10 min scan before grabbing metadata for it.

I could be wrong, but what if you don't update the list after adding movies. If you use the Tools menu to place any loose movies into folders, then fetch metadata for those without metadata, would that be faster?
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
it wouldn't add the new items to the list, so it wouldn't scan them.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
hi all,

2 minor points.

1: banner.jpg is not being saved as anything but banner.jpg although <movie>-banner.jpg or <movie>.banner.jpg is selected in preferences.

2. if i have more than 1 cd for a movie, ex. movie_name-cd1.iso and movie_name-cd2.iso,
the poster line in the .nfo file reads <thumb>movie_name_year--poster.jpg</thumb>. two dashes instead of 1.

thanks for all your hard work and a wonderful app.
:1 Thanks for the catch, i'll fix it right away!
:2 Can't seem to reproduce this one, I hope that I may have fixed it already.

Try out http://www.mediafire.com/ViMediaManager and let me know if it works correctly! Wink
Hello,

Any luck with the ':' in title/filename error?

I emailed you last month with the bug, e.g. "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" would cause a crash while fetching metadata.

These files are also on an unRAID server, connected over Samba.
The Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" case is special in it's own right, since it didn't seem to be available on the TMDB, and I forgot to use the IMDb title in case the TMDB didn't come up with one, leaving the movie with no title, doing weird things with the file/folder names.
Using ":" is replaced with " - " since long ago, so try this build for Anthony:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et/
Beautiful, works. Thanks!
could it be posssible that the renamer isn't working properly?
If i rename a Movie, it starts to add the new name schema to the old name.
for example:
"Alien vs. Predator (1) (1080p)"
...renaming....
"Alien vs. Predator (1) (1) (2004)"
...renaming again...again...
"Alien vs. Predator (1) (1) (2004) (1) (2004) (1) (2004) (1) (2004) (1) (2004) (1) (2004) (1) (1080p) (2004)"

my database looks like a mess now :/

//edit

Its very strange... it looks like that this behavior affects some movies in my library....
(2013-07-09, 10:59)MariusTh86 Wrote: :1 Thanks for the catch, i'll fix it right away!
:2 Can't seem to reproduce this one, I hope that I may have fixed it already.

Try out http://www.mediafire.com/ViMediaManager and let me know if it works correctly! Wink

hi again.

the poster bug is fixed.

original file name: UNLEASHED.iso

when i open vimm it asks to put movies in folder i select yes.
i fetch metadata and when done goto edit metadata and select people.

for the person thumb i get: /Volumes/Media3/The Theater/UNLEASHED/.actors/Jet Li.jpg.

i then have to hit update selection to get: /Volumes/Media3/The Theater/Unleashed (2005)/.actors/Jet Li.jpg.

the banner:
banner name:UNLEASHED-banner.jpg not Unleashed (2005)-banner.jpg.

the banner is only one run through. i have not tried to update selection to see if the banner name is changed.
@mydsmbr: That probably means that your movie has no 'title' tag set, go into the metadata editor and try to see if the textfields below 'title' contains any text.
You may also have some luck getting this set properly when downloading new information by getting the last debug build:

@shadowchild: Seems I still have some problems getting the 'do renaming' timing right during fetching of information, paths need to be added after renaming, and images need to be downloaded after as well, i'll be looking into this.
(2013-07-08, 21:54)Glorious1 Wrote:
(2013-07-08, 14:12)psykix Wrote: It just means that each time a new movie is added, it needs a circa 10 min scan before grabbing metadata for it.

I could be wrong, but what if you don't update the list after adding movies. If you use the Tools menu to place any loose movies into folders, then fetch metadata for those without metadata, would that be faster?

(2013-07-08, 21:55)MariusTh86 Wrote: it wouldn't add the new items to the list, so it wouldn't scan them.

OK, then I'm confused. I just put a movie file into my Movies folder. I chose 'Tools > Put Movie Files into Folders', and the new movie instantly appeared in the list (Refreshing the list takes longer, ~4 seconds, with the 34 movies currently in that folder). Then I selected it and fetched the selected item. So it does seem to add items to the list without refreshing.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Ok - I've got the movie the experiment and for some reason it always wants to fetch the Terror experiment which I guess came out in the same time. I can manually change some of it to the experiment but it won't change the actual movie to the right one...
(2013-07-11, 21:26)cbr600ds2 Wrote: Ok - I've got the movie the experiment and for some reason it always wants to fetch the Terror experiment which I guess came out in the same time. I can manually change some of it to the experiment but it won't change the actual movie to the right one...

I found that the best way to fix that is to delete the metadata from the movie folder, and then search on the IMDB ID.

With regards to the slow scanning I posted about above...

I have to admit to a schoolboy error :-(

I bought a new Draytek AP800 access point, and replaced my Netgear 5 port 10/100/1000 port with it.

I foolishly expected that it would also be gigabit - but no.. it's 10/100!!

So, I have put my Netgear back in the loop to conned to my NAS and the speed is greatly improved!

Apologies!!
(2013-07-11, 09:52)MariusTh86 Wrote: @mydsmbr: That probably means that your movie has no 'title' tag set, go into the metadata editor and try to see if the textfields below 'title' contains any text.
You may also have some luck getting this set properly when downloading new information by getting the last debug build:

Thanks for ur fast reply.
I figured out, that the problem was based on FilmSets.
I don't know why, but this behavior affected only movies which were set in a FilmSet.
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19