• 24(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
1) I've been researching how to cancel the progression dialog cleanly, since force quitting the app just to close a progress dialog is not very nice indeed. Wink
I've been thinking of how to use some 'deep scanning' methods, and may have come up with an idea, with some luck and experimentation, I'll be able to get back on this later. ^^
2) Currently I'm using official API's from the TVDB and TMDB which make it easy to find and scrape information about movies and tv shows, unfortunately IMDB does not currently provide such an convenient API...
3) I'm also still in the progress of adding a method to show episodes and their data, and your structure certainly adds a new method to the mix. ^^
I hope i'll be able to add it and episodes in general to the list.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Thx for the fast reply
Sorry for adding additional option here. i dont know, but i prefer to use DVD & BR just to have the complete Movie feeling.
If you need help for testing maybe, some coding etc. pls let me know.

Looking forward to the next build
Best regards
Linus
No need to be sorry, just more folder structures to be mindful off. Wink
Just post feedback in this thread if you run into something or have more feature requests, and I'll look into it. ^^
v0.5.2 03/10/2011
-----------------
* [New] Set finder label depending on status color.
* [New] Update single show status by right-clicking the show in the list and choosing 'update status'.
* [New] Red right-click menu's for the general information area, if you right-click on the poster image it will ask you to download a poster image.
* [Dif] Hiatus status is now much more accurate.
* [Fix] Fixed trailer saving without extensions.
Marius,

Any chance of porting this to Windows? Unfortunately, in Windows there does not seem to be any Media Manager right now which is being actively developed and supported, and yours looks really good and you provide very prompt responses to issues and problems! Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
MariusTh86 Wrote:Currently it uses the trailer youtube URL from TheMovieDB, but I think I can add a 'choose your own youtube video url'.

Sounds great!!!

MariusTh86 Wrote:Since in the end the information should be readable to XBMC, all the NFO files are in a way the same and technically interchangeable, however ViMM does not use Video Format data yet, so if you make any changes with ViMM, it'll loose that information.

Got it and this is indeed quite a big hurdle for me to move to ViMM. Are there any other features of EMM that ViMM not have yet? Any ETA for Video Format data?

Thanks in advance!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
@bsoriano:
It's possible that I'll make a port for windows in the future, but for now I'm focusing on making it as functional as possible on Mac.

@Steve1977:
I'm sure there's still a great number of features that are in EMM but not in ViMM... yet Wink
I'm thinking of using MediaInfo with ViMM, so as soon as I figure out how to best go about doing this, it'll be in ViMM. ^^
MariusTh86 Wrote:@Steve1977:
I'm sure there's still a great number of features that are in EMM but not in ViMM... yet Wink
I'm thinking of using MediaInfo with ViMM, so as soon as I figure out how to best go about doing this, it'll be in ViMM. ^^

I should have phrased it more narrowly ;-) Was not really looking for a feature-comparison, but interested whether there are any more deviations from the NFO files. I like what I am getting in the NFO files now and wouldn't want to give up anything.

Mind less about other features. Though one which I really love (and haven't seen in ViMM yet) is to get a "movie list" as output sheet. Could I log this in as a feature request? ;-)
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Well, the date format is a little different, and it's missing file formats, for anime's it adds a couple of related anime's, which isn't really used anywhere except by ViMM.
There shouldn't be many other big differences.

If with output sheet you mean something like 'export to webpage', it's in the 'ideas to add' list. Wink
Sorry, I may have missed this, but couldn't find it anywhere in the threads..

I have VIMM pointed to my movies and tv shows folder (both on the same external network hard drive)

It pulls all of the movies perfectly fine and I might add this program is super handy ! Thank You !

However, when I click on TV Shows, I get this error message : error while checking tv show item, invalid information?

Im confused because the Movies folder is on the same share, its not password protected.

Unfortunately, XBMC will refuse to see any tv shows I have in a library mode, I can only get to them in file mode and its pretty cryptic looking at all of the episodes in that order. lol.

Please help me what Im doing wrong. (I DO have a latest nightly build of VIMM 0.52)
I'm having some issues with studio logos. I followed your instructions and downloaded the file and extracted the logos to the folder you specified. They are showing up in the media manager after scraping, but alot of them don't show up in XBMC. I can manually rescan the movie from the internet and most then appear. I can't figure out why some just work and others don't. Any ideas? Pardon my ignorance....still getting the hang of all this. And again.....thanks for all you do.
@bradpaulp
Possibly, one or more of the NFO files might be malformed, try starting up ViMM with the [Alt] key held down and move through your shows one by one by selecting them in the list to see which one(s) might be causing errors and try removing their NFO files.

To make tv shows and movies show up in XBMC library mode, you might have forgotten to set the 'source' when you were adding tv shows to XBMC?

@johnnyrook82
Downloading the logo's pack to my specified location is only for making them show up in ViMM.
For XBMC, first the skin will have to support logo's, and if it doesn't have all of the same logo's you'll have to manually install them into the skin itself, you might want to consult the skin's maker on how to do this. ^^
First of all i still love this app, just try to give some feedback :-)
please keep in mind that i have highe collection of movies, so some features are not very usefull for < X00 Movies :-)

Errors i got :
-
a show / movie ot wrongly recognized so i have doen a manual search and choose the right one, afterwards "error while checking TV Show / Movie xyz, invalid information ?
Workaround : reset to factory defaults and scan again -> No Error
-
Some zero object error yesterday evening, but could be reproduced

Feature Requests :

Scrapping / Rescraping :
if you are done with a movie or collection and like to rerun the application should rather try to get new information ( poster, etc. ) based on the imdb id
Right now you get ask to verwrite the existing files, which turns out to be the same at the end of the day, but if a movie is not recognized and information gathered with a manual imdb entry it hurts, because you have to that all over gain.
-
The search dialog box should also contain information about the file ( path, etc. ), special if you scan multiple items.
-
Add scann All Extra Arts, maybe group by TV vs. Movie
-
Allow multiple selections of movies/shows and scan only selected
-
if a movie is wrongly recognize add a switch movie function
-
Support of sets or related Movies would be great

already mentioned, but ....
Deep directory scan please :-) to speed up directory listings you will group them to avoid scans to a directory with > 2000 items in it :-)
-
if a tv show is not recognized pls look into the posibility to do a manual search with imdb:TT and vice versa in the movie Section :
a) Reason is the flexibility to store Show related movies ( Startrek, Stargate, Firefly, 24, etc. )
b) imdb as a secound datasource for TV show would be a great option

In case you like to have more details pls let me know

Thanks for listining
Linus
That's quite the long post, and a bit hard to read here and there. ^^;

Let's see...

After starting a manual search, selecing the right movie/show and having downloaded new information, it suddenly throws up an error message?
When and how do you experience this 'zero object error'?
If you have any more information available, please let me know.

You should be able to find a movie by it's IMDB ID, by entering the IMDB ID directly into the searchfield when doing a manual search, however it still uses TMDB for getting information using the IMDB ID, since I can't currently scrape all that much data using imdbapi.com, so if the movie is not in TMDB at all, it still won't find it.

The manual search dialog is only used for scanning one item a time? if you're using the mass scan for movies / tv shows, it'll return the first item found, even if it's the wrong item, so it won't show up a dialog here.
So why would you need a file path here?

I'll put the idea about adding a mass scan for downloading first available arts into my ideas list.

The 'download metadata for all' movies/tv shows actually only downloads metadata for movies that don't have any yet, and if you want to download information for a movie in the list, it's easier and possibly more stable to do them one by one.
If an item is wrongly recognised during a mass download for metadata, you can select the item and click on 'download metadata' or on 'manual search' to search for the right item, this is basically your 'switch movie' function.

'Sets' support is planned for the next version. Wink

It's already using some IMDB data such as 'rating', 'votes' and 'genre' for tv shows, but the imdbapi.com API which I'm using does not provide a lot of information, so TMDB and TVDB are used by default, and enriched with *some* IMDB data using this imdbapi.
A file is either a movie or a tv show, even if it's got a relation with a tv show. IMDB ID's are added to the NFO files in either cases, but there's no real way to link them, you can't look up a movie on the TVDB or a tv show on TMDB.

I hope this answers most of your questions. ^^;
Hi there,
Sorry for psoting such a long thread :-)
-
This error during scan happens only one time, dont know what was the reason for it. If i get this error again, i will let you now furhter details
-
Anyway the error :
Error while checking TV SHOW item "XYZ" happens after i have done a manual search and asign the right tv show ( new ) instead of an old one.
both shows nfo items were creaed by ViMediaManager.
----
File path in manual search :
might be only my problem, but i had a dialogbox where i could chosse between two movies ( getaway f.e. ) and i didn't see for what movie ( file path ) i have to make this selection.
----------
Download metadata for all / for all selected :
if you have an indicator what kind of Metadata is missing, you can ( maybe even sort ) select all movies where posters / fanart is missing and try to get them. these movie db's where recently updated so its worth to have a rescan for missing pieces.
----------

Hopefully this was more understandable :-)
Thanks for your efforts
Linus
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19