Help with my setup (sound)
First off im a total noob with linux in general. Now thats out the way

I have a dell GX620 USFF with XBMC Live latest stable release. i use a DVI to HDMI cable to get the picture to my TV.

Now the problem is sound... I use an auxillary cable to connect my computer to my TV, then my TV is conected to my 5.1 surround sound via the red and white cable things.

First off my right front speaker just outright wont work with XBMC (works fine with everything else) If anyone knows a fix please let me know as its irritating.

Second when i try to play anything with actual 5.1 sound i get an error that says check my settings.

Now i had a look around and found something that to do with plug:dmixer... when this worked i was only get sound from the front and again no right speaker.

Really sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I could really be doing with some help

Cheers
k33k00 Wrote:Now the problem is sound... I use an auxillary cable to connect my computer to my TV, then my TV is conected to my 5.1 surround sound via the red and white cable things.
Why do you use an auxiliary cable for the sound ? HDMI handles the sound too.
It's not that i want the cable its that i have no other choice. or at least as far as i no i dont.

It's because i dont have an actual HDMI port on the computer it's DVI so i dont get sound through it.

Got the right speaker working last night. Just the deal that 5.1 wont work now.

I tried installing ubuntu and after editing daemon.conf (changing channels from 2 to 6) it would work. So i reinstalled XBMC hoping it would be the same...sadly i was wrong
k33k00 Wrote:It's because i dont have an actual HDMI port on the computer it's DVI so i dont get sound through it.
I have a DVI port too with a DVI to HDMI cable and I have sound. Perhaps you have to plug an internal SPDIF cable ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with my setup (sound)0