XBMC Listings and Australia
Hey guys

Ok basically. ive gone to video's and added a phew plugins like cartoon network and gone to watch an episode or video. and it tells me this service is only available in america

So im abit confused by this. im new to xbmc and media centers. so im wondering if theres a list of plugins. or tv show plugins that allow you to view for free from australia
It's not unusual for web sites to restrict who can view their content. For example BBC iPlayer restricts clients to the UK, presumably because you're supposed to have a UK TV licence in order to view BBC programmes.

JR
There is a repository that does all the Australian catch up TV services like ABC iView and the like. See http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-catchuptv-au/.

I only really use it for ABC and SBS so couldn't tell you if it works for the commercial stations.

As for getting access to US content - you had best google that.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Thanks rocketpants, that iView plugin is working on the Eden nightly. Smile
you've got to love unmetered iView viewing.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Using an VPN with a US IP is usually an easy way to get around the geo restrictions. There's plenty of free ones out there....very handy for those of us in Aus. for a variety of reasons.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
And some handy utils for stream grabbing the Aus. stuff here:
http://users.on.net/~m.elliott/ivn/index.html
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Listings and Australia0