Can't ftp into xbox, but can use xbmc smb network
Sad 
:help:
i have the latest version of xbmc, 4-1-2005 distribution.
from my pc, i can't ftp into my xbox running xbmc, using flashfxp, or anything.
but when in xbmc, i can goto smb network, and can access all the shared files on my pc's.

what the hell is wrong?

in xbmc i have the network settings set to dashboard default, and i can ftp into my xbox when using my dashboards.
i have "enable ftp server" and "enabled web server set to true.

i dont get the xml files... where do i set the ftp username and password?
how does the web server work?
i currently use my xbox as a web server with any other dashboard, and just forward port 21 to my xbox with my router, then use my main username and password to access my xbox from anywhere and host files. but how does this whole xboxfilezilla ish work?

i want to be able to ftp into my xbox running xbmc with flashfxp.
i want to be able to use my xbox as an online server, but have a separate username and password, that can only read files on the f drive.
how can this be done? i have messed around with the xml files forever and a half and can't figure it out.

i have read countless threads and none of them have helped me whatsoever.

any help would be much appreciated!
thanx,
-danny
check the size of filezilla server.xml on your xbox, if it's 0.1 kb instead of 7 to 8 kb, you got a corrupted config file and hence no ftp server.

this has to be a bug in filezilla. it happened to me when i filled up my f: drive.
fileszilla server.xml on my xbox is 7.4 kb.

i even tried redownloading the entire xbmc distribution, and deleting it from my xbox and ftping the new one without any changes to it, and i still can't get any program to be able to ftp into my xbox... i've tried username/password, xbox/xbox, the username and password that i have for my dashboard, annonymous login, everything!

what is wrong?! somebody please help me!

thanx,
-danny
check the actual ip address in xbmc and try ftp into that address.
ya, that's what i'm doing.
trying to ftp into my xbox running xbmc from my pc thats on the same network. no settings on my pc or router are incorrect, because i can ftp into my xbox when it is in 3 other dashboards other programs, using my pc with several different programs that will all work. but with when using xbmc, i can't... in flashfxp it just says,
Quote:[r] connecting to xbox -> ip=192.168.0.102 port=21
[r] connected to xbox
then it just sits there, thinking for about a minute and it all freezes up, then it sais connection lost.

agh! what is wrong?
can somebody send me the xml file that they are using and works for ftping to your xbox? i'm pretty sure it has to do with the xml files, like the filezilla one, wtf is that all about?

if you can help me, please contact me on aim, my sn is aahsnaps

thanx,
-danny
i just tried 2 other people's xml files, and with them, xbmc wouldn't even start, it would just goto and stay at a black screen.

anyone have any ideas as to what the probelm might be?

thanx,
-danny
hi guys thought i'd join this discussion as i'm having the same problem and have stumbled upon this thread after days of searching for the answer
im having the problem my filezilaserver.xml is corrupted i need the same file to ftp again can anyone help
:nerd:
a man told me this world is no joke son i told him bullshit i laugh all the time:D
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*...Server.xml
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't ftp into xbox, but can use xbmc smb network0