Win7 Extended Desktop - Lag?
Hello all
I did a little search but did not really find an answer so I hope you will take the time to answer here.

My situation is as follows: If I use extended desktop and watches lets say a fullHD movie then I see a small lag in the movie(extremely annoying)

If I just push it directly to the external monitor(tv) it works without any issues.

I cant see how my computer can be a bottle neck since I have a high-end system with a GTX580 graphics card, and that should do the job and then some!

I'm quite curious why this is happening and if I can use extended desktop without lag.

Thanks on beforehand!
Wll i don't think the extended desktop was intended to be used to play a 1080p movie.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I suspect the extended desktop adds some overhead to the DirectX rendering and that's responsible for the lag.

JR
Thanks for the replies. I don't see why extended desktop should not be ready for 1080p.
But I am pretty sure it something on OS level.
I think it was a little better when I tried the unoffical OpenGL verison for windows.
But I agree with JR, that is probably the case. Well I can live with pushing the screen to the display Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win7 Extended Desktop - Lag?0