Music Videos and XBMC...I just don't understand
I just don't understand apparently how XBMC handles music videos, and even my home videos for that matter. I have a Lady Gaga music video, and I would like to have a category just for music videos. I have read there is an MTV scraper that will load the info for video as well. The only way thus far I have been able to put the music video in is just be creating a source in my movies file list, and then scrolling down to the name of the file within that folder. Isn't there a way to display my music videos with nice fan art and info just like my movies folder is organized? Please help, I am about to pull my hair out! Thanks
Have you tried setting content "Music Videos" on your source? If it won't give you the Music Video content, you need to add the Yahoo scraper because the MTV scraper is broken.

Then you need to make an nfo for each video. There's about 10 million tutorials online on how to create a 5 line music video nfo that will work perfectly for what you need it to do.
The music video databases have always been rubbish. I found only a small percentage of videos would scrape successfully. Then, to makes things worse, MTV withdrew their music video database so now the only scraper that works is Yahoo and that doesn't work very well.

To get the music videos into your database you'll need to write NFO files for them. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp..._nfo_Files for the details. It looks complicated, but it isn't really. Once you've got one NFO file working the rest will be a copy and paste followed by a couple of changes.

But, there is still one last problem. When MTV withdrew their database the XBMC MTV scraper was marked as broken and is probably disabled on your system. However due to an unintentional, erm, feature, if the MTV scraper is disabled the NFO files won't be processed so you need to reactive the MTV scraper. Assuming you use Windows (it should be obvious how to extend this to the other OSs) on your keyboard press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\Database"

(including the quotes) and click OK and an Explorer window should open. Delete the file Addons.db. Now start XBMC and after a few seconds you get a message "MTV scraper is broken, do you want to disable it". Answer "No" and this will leave the scraper enabled.

Leaving the MTV scraper enabled won't do any harm, it just won't do anything.

JR
well I finally got the Yahoo music scraper installed ( I didn't even know how to do that at first!) and it pulled up information for my Lady Gaga music videos just fine....however, I added a-ha's "Take On Me" music video, and it keeps scraping it as some group called Reel Big Fish instead of a-ha. I wrote an NFO file for it with the correct year, band name, album title, etc.....so why is the scraper still pulling the wrong info? Is there anything I can do to correct it?
jhsrennie Wrote:The music video databases have always been rubbish. I found only a small percentage of videos would scrape successfully.

What I've been wondering about is, could an implementation be possible where the videodb takes information from the musicdb?
So, using a particular filename format for the music videos have it lookup additional info in the musicdb and reuse it in the videodb?
This wouldn't have a 100% success rate, but by far most of the songs in my music videos library I also have in my music library.
bgaviator Wrote:well I finally got the Yahoo music scraper installed ( I didn't even know how to do that at first!) and it pulled up information for my Lady Gaga music videos just fine....however, I added a-ha's "Take On Me" music video, and it keeps scraping it as some group called Reel Big Fish instead of a-ha. I wrote an NFO file for it with the correct year, band name, album title, etc.....so why is the scraper still pulling the wrong info? Is there anything I can do to correct it?

yes, install the MTV scraper, the yahoo scraper apparently ignores nfo files.
bgaviator Wrote:well I finally got the Yahoo music scraper installed ( I didn't even know how to do that at first!) and it pulled up information for my Lady Gaga music videos just fine....however, I added a-ha's "Take On Me" music video, and it keeps scraping it as some group called Reel Big Fish instead of a-ha. I wrote an NFO file for it with the correct year, band name, album title, etc.....so why is the scraper still pulling the wrong info? Is there anything I can do to correct it?

Reload and when it says to ignore local files and download from the internet, hit "NO".
Thanks for everyone's help. I finally got it to work using all of your suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Videos and XBMC...I just don't understand0