[APPLETV-SAM's IMAGE] Outputting to projector.
Hi all, I am running Sam's latest image on my ATV1 fine with my 1080i TV, however I can't seem to get my projector to work with either a ATV1 or the newer ATV2.

The ATV1 I can see it booting up, then I don't see anything after boot via component cables, HDMI -> DVI i get nothing at all. ATV2, It just gets stuck on the Apple Logo. (all test's where run with direct connect and tired different cables too)

I can however get it to work perfectly with my Windows7 machine running XBMC, but this is not the ideal setup as I have cables running across the floor etc.

The projector specs (Panasonic PT-AE300E, Pg37/38) : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/187815/PT-AE300E...ctions.pdf

The EDID dump from my windows machine with projector plugged in (I am running the projector at 1280x720 @ 60Hz) : http://pastebin.com/yfmYR91w

Ideally the simplest setup for me would be running another ATV2 off the projector, but I can't see this happening without upgrading the projector (not happening anytime soonAngryNo).

So the next best option would be either, just powering down the ATV1 and unplugging it from the main tv and plugging it into the projector when required.

Or is it possible to have the main TV plugged into the ATV1 via the receiver using HDMI and also have the projector plugged into the ATV1 via component and then you can just switch between the video sources in XBMC?

Also have no problem with my tivo or xbox360 plugged into the projector.

Any ideas, or help would be great.

Thx
Matt.
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
DVI is DVI (and HDMI is totally electronically compatible with DVI). OS has pretty much nothing to do with it. Sounds like the issue is on the projector side, but even that shouldn't be having problems.

If the ATV2 is freezing during start up then maybe you should try rejailbreaking it. That shouldn't happen simply because of what display is connected.

If it's working with component then why not just use the optical output for your receiver.
dbl post...pls delete.
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
Ned Scott Wrote:DVI is DVI (and HDMI is totally electronically compatible with DVI). OS has pretty much nothing to do with it. Sounds like the issue is on the projector side, but even that shouldn't be having problems.

If the ATV2 is freezing during start up then maybe you should try rejailbreaking it. That shouldn't happen simply because of what display is connected.

If it's working with component then why not just use the optical output for your receiver.

will try with my other ATV2 (have 2x of them)

ATV1, just found a component config that works, (http://stmlabs.com/forum/topic/component...#post-1581) but it is set to 4:3, need to change it and how to up the 480?

Now is it possible to have the HDMI, Component cables plugged in at the sametime and working (one at a time) ? oh and output audio via the HDMI too! or am I asking to much!

Matt.
Change TVStandard; output sound via plughw
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:Change TVStandard; output sound via plughw

Do u know how to run both HDMI & component at same time?

And how do u put multiple profiles in xorg.conf ? Or do I have to change it each time?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLETV-SAM's IMAGE] Outputting to projector.0