Transferring files to XBMCbuntu from a Windows PC
Ok, I know this is more of an Ubuntu question, but I have looked and looked and I cannot find exactly what I am looking for.
Here is the situation:
I have a XBMCbuntu System in my Living Room. Everything functions all honky doory. I have a Windows PC in my Den. I created and shared 3 folders on the Ubuntu Machine (Movies, TV-Shows, and Music). I am able to see them in my Network. When I try to transfer files to the folders, they don't go. It tells me the disk is full (not write protected, full). So, my next thought was to FTP from my Windows PC to my Ubuntu PC. I cannot get this to work properly either. I have done everything I can figure out. Please keep in mind 2 things: First, I am new to Linux. I have some basic skills, but relatively new. Secondly, I am doing all of this command line. I love the fact that I boot this PC and in about 15 seconds, I have XBMC up and running. All I need to do now is be able to put my files to the Hard Drive in that PC. Please help. I am getting ready to lose my mind! Thank you in advance!
shares should work great. I must be permission prob

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=722020&postcount=4
vikjon0 Wrote:shares should work great. I must be permission prob

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=722020&postcount=4

Yes, sounds like permissions. Take a look at that link above.

If that doesn't work, you could post the contents of your /etc/samba/smb.conf file for us to look at.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
EXCELLENT!!!!!! Worked like a charm! Thanks SO MUCH! Now, I just need to figure out what the heck is up with my audio! Other than that, you are THE MAN! Thanks guys!
Great. Glad you've got it working.

There are a lot of threads about audio so have a good search to see if anyone's got the same problem. If not, start a new thread and someone should be around to help.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transferring files to XBMCbuntu from a Windows PC0