Music Media Manager
Im looking for an external music media manager.
Basically, I want to get something to scan my 30+gb of music.
But I want something to scan the internet and download the correct album art, artist, genre and all that stuff.

I have found a few, but I cannot simply say scan all and then correct it, if there are any missing fields or popup with any discrepancies...

Its really long going through doing album by album...

Does anyone know of something good to scan my entire collection, and then let me chose if there are any issues.
My full HTPC build log:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129352
Core i3-2120T 2.6Ghz, 4gb Kingston DDR3, mSATA SSD, Moneual 312 Case, GT520 GPU
Try mp3tag or Picard Tagger,
for me Music Bee did the job can download automatically album art genre and other things
SavellM Wrote:Im looking for an external music media manager.
But I want something to scan the internet and download the correct album art, artist, genre and all that stuff.

I have found a few, but I cannot simply say scan all and then correct it, if there are any missing fields or popup with any discrepancies...

Does anyone know of something good to scan my entire collection, and then let me chose if there are any issues.

I'm in the same boat, so I'll subscribe to this thread and see what useful tools are available...

My music is in a Right old mess and I need a useful app That will help me out too Smile
I just fixed my entire library using MediaMonkey. I recommend it!!

Tags, gets album art etc... and you can get scripts to tag from discogs, musicbrains, yahoo, amazon etc... really customizable!

I will checkout Music Bee tho! looks interesting!
Ive used MediaMonkey for awhile. I'm going to play with Music Bee later.
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b
Hello, are these tools able to write .nfo files ?
Thanks
mardup Wrote:Hello, are these tools able to write .nfo files ?
Thanks

I don't think so but, once tagged, you can scan your files to the library and export it Smile
If your paths is music\artist\album you'll end up with:
artist.nfo + fanart.jpg + folder.jpg in your artist folder.
album.nfo + folder.jpg in the album folder.

I've been using foobar2000 + plugins. It does a great job in converting, tagging and renaming files.
Hi!

I am going to subscribe to this thread too. I am using Linux and I want to get a tagger for artists at least. I have a requirement: It has to be free.
SavellM Wrote:Im looking for an external music media manager.

J. River Media Center is your best bet..

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=22.0
I use mp3tag to tag mp3 files. Also you can download album arts and embed them into mp3s. I use allmusic scraper and yo-yo for albums and artists. XWMM can be used to edit the xbmc music library.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Media Manager0