Latest Nightly creates MySQL database?
i updated to the latest windows nightly yesterday, and i noticed my library was empty. ok thats strange i thought. so i looked at my sql databases and there were 2 new ones that i didn't create. they were MyMusic17 and MyVideos56. whats up with that?

my advancedsettings.xml shows xbmc_video and xbmc_music
--
prophetizer Wrote:i updated to the latest windows nightly yesterday, and i noticed my library was empty. ok thats strange i thought. so i looked at my sql databases and there were 2 new ones that i didn't create. they were MyMusic17 and MyVideos56. whats up with that?

my advancedsettings.xml shows xbmc_video and xbmc_music

I've got exactly the same here, same names even (MyMusic17 and MyVideos56). Does this mean xbmc now creates its own database (no longer xbmc_music and xbmc_video in my case) and the rest works the same way? i tried re-scraping and re-adding sources, but my library somehow stays empty.
This had something to do with a few commits concerning the database handling.
Will probably be fixes in tomorrows build.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
well, it's pretty cool if they are going to support mysql out of the box with no user config in the future
--
Same here - Lost all database functionality in the house now. I can't seem to get the DB to work. Anyone have a workaround?

This is a bit surprising as I thought Eden was in a feature freeze and just squashing bugs. If the way to config for multi-room XBMC shared DB is going to change that's significant news and a pretty big change as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone have this working with a shared MySQL DB? No matter what I do I can't seem to get DB working now (even tried emptying my tables and starting totally over, no luck).
i just went back to an older version
--
BDPNA Wrote:Same here - Lost all database functionality in the house now. I can't seem to get the DB to work. Anyone have a workaround?

This is a bit surprising as I thought Eden was in a feature freeze and just squashing bugs. If the way to config for multi-room XBMC shared DB is going to change that's significant news and a pretty big change as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone have this working with a shared MySQL DB? No matter what I do I can't seem to get DB working now (even tried emptying my tables and starting totally over, no luck).

It was no new feature. It was just a try of improving the way the database upgrading was handled. They where already working on this for some time. They just missed some things so that why it went wrong. That's the risk you take when you are using nightlies. They can break.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
there is no sort of issues page with specific nightlies is there? so that it's easier to avoid bad ones like this?
--
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12109

That works.
piipes Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12109

That works.

thank you very much!
--
and indeed, with the latest (23th of oct) version it works like it did before again, i do however still have the newly created databases in mysql, i'll just leave them there, unless they don't get updated in a week or so Smile
so, maybe is better to change MyMusic17 and MyVideos56 back to xbmc_music and xbmc_video?
i have no idea, now it's video57, things breaking all over and don't know what to do
--
I started to experience this with nightly build from this build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin...r-atv2.deb

I now have xbmc_video & xbmc_video57 in MySQL. This cause XBMC not to start on Saturday. I deleted all my Db files on the ATV2, and it started again.

I thought I had deleted xbmc_video57 - is it safe to do so or is below the only way?

Quote:To manually work around this: 1) Copy (or rename) your MySQL databases (ex. xbmc_video and xbmc_music) to MyVideos56 and MyMusic17. 2) Grant ALL privileges to your XBMC database user (ex xbmc) on the newly created databases. 3) Grant CREATE privileges globally for your XBMC database user. 4) Remove the <name> tag from the database entries in advanced settings.xml. 5) Start XBMC nightly...
Had initially thought it was the constellation app for iPad that caused this, but reading further ... it seems not.
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Read.
Signature.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest Nightly creates MySQL database?0