[LIVE][Dharma] How to auto start custom apps with XBMC
Question 
Hi,
I'm on Dharma LiveCD installed to my HTPC:
Code:
Linux XBMCLive 2.6.32-33-generic #72-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 29 21:08:37 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS - XBMCLive Dharma

I've recently bought Asus Xonar DG, because I've heard that Xonar has good sound quality and decent support in Linux. Boy, how wrong I was about support for DG model (Seriously? Absolutely no volume control in Alsa?)...but that's a different story.
Anyway, one of workaround for my problems with this hardware is using Pulse audio. I've already managed to configure it correctly, but I need a way to start pulse audio server automatically with XBMC.

So what is correct way to add custom applications to start with XBMC session on XBMCLive? I've noticed that runXBMC overwrites ~/.xsession with each start, so that's obviously not the right place. When you will answer, please keep in mind that for whatever reason pulse audio server needs access to X server, so running it from e.g. rc.local is not an option.

Can this be done without hacks?

BTW: I think it would be awesome if XBMC would come with it's own X session, i.e. appear in login manager alongside with KDE/GNOME/etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE][Dharma] How to auto start custom apps with XBMC0