pre-eden: recent compile having issues with NFS
The problem doesn't occur on my windows test box running windows with Eden beta 1. On my openelec machines I worked around the issue by mounting my NFS shares via the OS and not within XBMC. That was some time ago, I've seen a couple reports that the problem still exists on the latest openelec nightlies that are using Eden beta 1.

Next step would be testing this using eden beta 1 on a linux box to see if it's an xbmc issue just affecting the linux version or more specific to an issue with openelec.
I'd like to suggest to some of you to try out the Geexbox live CD to see if it solves the problem.

I got this problem too (no access to NFS HaneWin server) with openelec pre-Eden... So I tried geexbox-devel-20111224-r13686-i386.iso and, this part, at least, works like a charm

You can get direct access to the download folder here and see my troubles on the openelec forum here and on the geexbox forum here

Should help to find out Nod

Rgs,
LoloMc² Wrote:I'd like to suggest to some of you to try out the Geexbox live CD to see if it solves the problem.

I got this problem too (no access to NFS HaneWin server) with openelec pre-Eden... So I tried geexbox-devel-20111224-r13686-i386.iso and, this part, at least, works like a charm

You can get direct access to the download folder here and see my troubles on the openelec forum here and on the geexbox forum here

Should help to find out Nod

Rgs,

This would then point to the issue being OE specific. Looks like it's up to the devs with openelec to solve then. But was your issue getting NFS to work at all or just an issue accessing multiple shares from multiple NFS exports? I'll try that live cd when I get some time.
gabbott Wrote:This would then point to the issue being OE specific. Looks like it's up to the devs with openelec to solve then.
For me, I would say yes... But I do not remember all the test I did...

gabbott Wrote:But was your issue getting NFS to work at all or just an issue accessing multiple shares from multiple NFS exports?
...but for sure :
- NFS access on xbmc, on Windows7, was working perfectly
- NFS access was crashed openelec directly

gabbott Wrote:I'll try that live cd when I get some time.
Anyway, that's just a 2 minutes try Wink
I do not know if it was related to several shares or not but I know it crashed OE

Rgs,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pre-eden: recent compile having issues with NFS0