choosing a mobo?
I was thinking of using the following setup (someone recommended it), but I want to change out the mother board with one that supports usb 3.0. Can someone help me choose one that would still fit these components but that supports usb 3.0

[cpu] Intel Core I3-2100 3.1GHz LGA-1155 Dual-Core 65W
[mobo] MSI H61M-E33 (B3) LGA-1155 Micro-ATX
[gpu] ASUS GeForce GT520 1GB DDR3 64-bit Fanless Low Profile
[case] SILVERSTONE ML03B Micro-ATX
[psu] Antec EarthWatts 380W ATX12V
Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066
Kingston SSDNow V Series SNV125-S2/30GB 2.5" 30GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Here's a list of MoBo that has USB 3.0. Any of them should be fine. The ASRock though has a CIR which supports cold start and off using this.
WhiteLighter Wrote:The ASRock though has a CIR which supports cold start and off

Which one exactly? And are you saying that it is the only one on that list that has the CIR feature?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813157233
g725s Wrote:Which one exactly? And are you saying that it is the only one on that list that has the CIR feature?

shateredsoul Wrote:Can someone help me choose one that would still fit these components but that supports usb 3.0

this asrock mobo has cir option and included asrock smart remote controller in the package (it'll allow you to turn off and cold start htpc)- ASRock H67M-GE/HT (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:this asrock mobo has cir option and included asrock smart remote controller in the package (it'll allow you to turn off and cold start htpc)- ASRock H67M-GE/HT (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

I'm glad I asked! I had no idea some mobos came with remote! Thanks! I appreciate the tip!

What do you guys think about my other components? I'm going to use it for xbmc and to emulate games up to dreamcast using nulldc.
should be good to go!
my current desktop pc is way less powerful here and runs dreamcast emu without a hitch
Thanks! I'm looking forward to this and really excited!! now I just need to wait for 3TB hdds to come down below near the $100 range -_- from the current thread I saw it looks like I might have a long wait. But i'm going to do an external bay for the hdd so I will be building this soon! Thanks again!
shateredsoul Wrote:I'm glad I asked! I had no idea some mobos came with remote! Thanks! I appreciate the tip!

What do you guys think about my other components? I'm going to use it for xbmc and to emulate games up to dreamcast using nulldc.
if you want to save a few more bucks, here is another great gpu for $38- SAPPHIRE 100322L Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 . it's perfect 5 eggs among newegg owners!
bluray Wrote:if you want to save a few more bucks, here is another great gpu for $38- SAPPHIRE 100322L Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 . it's perfect 5 eggs among newegg owners!

oooh very tempting, so are they pretty much equally as powerful? I have a ATI on my desktop, and it's performed like a champ.

*edit* Also, one review said it didn't do 1080p very well, will the other card be able to handle 1080p? It would be cool if newegg added a section for people to ask owners questions
g725s Wrote:Which one exactly? And are you saying that it is the only one on that list that has the CIR feature?

There are others that has CIR also..like my Biostar MoBo, but Biostar support did confirm that it doesn't support cold start.

Quote:The IR header will not turn on the system. You may manually configure it to shutdown in Windows.

You may purchase the remote from the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Biostar-Remote-C...4aaaf257cb

[email protected]

626-581-1055 menu select 2

For other MoBo that have CIR header, I don't know if they do support cold start.
shateredsoul Wrote:*edit* Also, one review said it didn't do 1080p very well, will the other card be able to handle 1080p? It would be cool if newegg added a section for people to ask owners questions
that one owner might not configured it correctly or maybe his pc is not up to task.

the hd6450 should do bd/3d 1080p w/ dts-hd and truehd.

full spec- AMD Radeon™ HD 6450 Graphics

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
choosing a mobo?0