Problem with switching monitors
I have the latest nightly and my media pc is hooked up through hdmi to my tv. XBMC is set to be displayed on that. I also have a usb monitor in my kitchen that is hooked in and has my program running on it to control xbmc and my entertainment center. xbmc is set to display on monitor 2. everything works great but occasionaly xbmc will display on the usb monitor 1 when the tv is off. Is this how xbmc is coded to display on default monitor if selected monitor is not avail?

when it does this it doesnt reset the resolution and i am unable to access most of the display.
After further testing this seems to be a problem with windows 7. If a monitor is not avail it forces this programs to be displayed on the other one. Then when it becomes avail everything gets all f'd up and it confuses the resolutions. The main problem is my a/v reciever defaults down to 720p if the tv is off and the pc sets it up and then when I turn on the tv it changes to 1080 but never changes access to the additional parts of the screen. After a reboot of the pc everything is normal. Good thing it has a raid ssd for the os boot drive so a reboot is a few seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with switching monitors0