Auto-launch XBMC in focus at startup?
I would like my Windows 7 install to launch straight into XBMC at system startup.

I have put an XBMC.exe shortcut into the Startup directory on the start bar.

However, this only seems to make XBMC launch in the background - it does not launch XBMC in main focus.

How can I achieve a full, seamless auto-launch of XBMC, without going to the lengths of setting it as a shell, as set out in the wiki?
It should work fine by putting shortcut in your startup folder by background do you mean minimized? because if you do its probably something else starting after XBMC that's stealing focus there are plenty of posts on how to solve this adding a delay to XBMC is one way so it starts after everything else has loaded
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
It must be explorer.exe that is launching subsequently.

I may as well go with the wiki.
I start XBMC from the Startup menu. A lot of PCs have loads of stuff installed by the manufacturer and one or more of these apps is probaly causing the problem. Right click the XBMC shortcut in the Startup menu and choose properties and append -d 10 to the Target, so the Target looks something like:

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -d 10

The -d 10 causes XBMC to wait 10 seconds before opening it's window and this hopefully gives time for the other apps to finish starting. You can increase or decrease the delay as appropriate.

The best option is to uninstall any apps that you don't need. Any app that puts a little icon in the system tray (i.e. the area at the bottom right where Windows shows the time) is a good candidate for uninstalling. My own preference is to completely wipe the disk and install Windows with just the apps I really need.

Incidentally, from your description I think you have the "Use a fullscreen window..." setting enabled in System settings, System, Video outout. This will slow video rendering and you may notice some tearing.

JR
So the "-d 10" switch delays the launch by 10 seconds? That is useful - thanks!
I have put in a task, that waits to open xbmc ontil the windows have network connection, and it seems to be the last thing windows does. and it has work ontil now.
vacdk Wrote:I have put in a task, that waits to open xbmc ontil the windows have network connection, and it seems to be the last thing windows does. and it has work ontil now.

How do you tell Windows to only launch XBMC once Windows has detected a network connection?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto-launch XBMC in focus at startup?0