Mac Mini 2011 use XBMC or Plex
Hello everybody.Im a fan of Xbmc and Apple.I used Xbmc for Ipad and my Pc windows 7. But today i buy a new Mac mini 2.5 ghz 2011.
I have some questions.
When I installed XBMC nightly build at 11/11 .
It crash sometime.
I can not use my favorite Skin is Meadiastram Redux,am I? I love this skin but maybe it's not support for nighly build?

After,I uninstall Nightly build and Install Dhama 10.1 for Meadiastream Redux.And it dont crash any more. but i want to try Nightly build than Dhama because I need up to date.

today I want to try Plex.want to know how is different? I hear somebody said Plex for Mac and Windows For Xbmc.

After i play some Movie with Plex, I feel the video play by Plex more
Smooth than Xbmc.

you know, Im a newbie for Mac osx.

Can you show me :
Plex or Xbmc for Mac os?
What is the best settings video card Amd for Mac mini?
Best Video setting,Playback settings for Xbmc ?

Thanks

Thanks.

I
Quote:Plex or Xbmc for Mac os?

Which ever one you like the best. They're both free.

Nightlies are going to crash as they are nightlies. The lastest XBMC is 10.1 - install this and you will be "up-to-date"

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
please take Plex questions to their forums, this is xbmc forums Smile
davilla Wrote:please take Plex questions to their forums, this is xbmc forums Smile

This is Xbmc questions not plex. As I said, Im a fan of Xbmc. not Plex. I used Xbmc for My Pc,Ipad,Iphone.
I hear some one said Plex better for Mac Os x but I want to use Xbmc.I try to find a reason for stay with XBMC.Then I found it :
http://xbmc.tumblr.com/post/8890700647/p...ifferences

After I read it, I just uninstall Plex.

I have a Mac mini 2.5 ghz ( Mid 2011) and I want you tell me config my Xbmc settings for Mac. Playback setting?

Adjust display refresh rate to match video? on or off
Sync playback to display? on or off?
and other settings must I use?

My gear : mac mini hdmi to hdmi Sony 2011 3d tv 40 inch.(40ex720)

Thanks and sorry for my english.
There's a video driver issue on the new MacMini's that Apple needs to fix. You have two options for a temp fix until they do. You can turn off hardware acceleration in XBMC. This will mean the CPU will do all the work for playing videos, which is fine, but it means the fans inside the MacMini will be louder. The other solution I found on Apple's discussion forum, and that was to not use the built-in HDMI port. Instead, use the MiniDisplayPort + MiniDisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter
Smile 
Ned Scott Wrote:There's a video driver issue on the new MacMini's that Apple needs to fix. You have two options for a temp fix until they do. You can turn off hardware acceleration in XBMC. This will mean the CPU will do all the work for playing videos, which is fine, but it means the fans inside the MacMini will be louder. The other solution I found on Apple's discussion forum, and that was to not use the built-in HDMI port. Instead, use the MiniDisplayPort + MiniDisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter

Super thank you my friend,

But my Mac mini is 2.5 ghz with Amd video card.when I just turn off hardware acceleration in XBMC as what u said. The video play smooth as = I turn on hardware acceleration. It the same.

Maybe my mac mini is better? now i feel everything is ok. the video plays smooth..good.
but i can try MiniDisplayPort like you show me.Hope it better.

Ahhh, I need you know, Im fixed my skin proplem now.
I install Dhama 10.1 and Install my favorite skin is Mediastream Redux.
After that, I install Xbmc Nighly build.

Now I have Xbmc Nighly build and my favorite skin.is it ok?haha

Thanks
Ned Scott Wrote:There's a video driver issue on the new MacMini's that Apple needs to fix. You have two options for a temp fix until they do. You can turn off hardware acceleration in XBMC.

Hey Ned,
Interestingly, hardware acceleration works for me on the 2.5 mini with GPU acceleration turned on. I was fearing the worst when I got my mini last week. Except for one mkv, all my others play just fine.
Just that I see a minor stutter once in a while (too infrequent to be an issue).
Have mini o/p set to 60Hz. Was seeing some strange issues when i lowered the refresh rate. FWIW, the display is a 50 inch panasonic plasma (that takes 1080/24p inputs)

The only problem that is nagging me is that whenever the mini wakes from sleep, the display remains inactive. Cycling thru tv inputs (with the tv remote) fixes things. Wonder if its a hdmi handshake bug

I have my mini hooked up to the tv via a mini display to hdmi cable.
I saw the same issue with a straight hdmi cable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini 2011 use XBMC or Plex0