Identical libraries on different PCs
I have two HTPCs running XBMC. One uses its own X: drive, the other PC uses its own C: drive. It seems that whenever I copy a new movie into each PC and rescan, the scraper comes up with different thumbs and fanart for the same file. I am sure I have the scraper settings set the same.

I may have screwed up in that I am having my main HTPC rescan my X:\Movies folder. I know that I had to manually set quite a few things such as the thumbs and fanart as items were added. Now I think I may have to sweep the entire library of about 360 movies, correcting the erroroneous stuff.

Is there a way to duplicate/replicate all the info associated with each title from the already clean PC to the one that is now rescanning? This might be like importing a library, but not sure. Each PC uses its own drive as a source, so I don't know how that would work. The file directories and names are the same in each drive. Such as X:\Movies\* and C:\Movies\*
On the second PC you can use subst to give the C: drive a second drive letter:

Code:
subst X: C:\

Then the same library will work on both PCs (well, assuming the media is in the same folder name). Note that the letter you create with subst only lasts until you log off, so you need to put the subst command in the Startup folder.

Assuming you've managed to get the media paths the same on both HTPCs you can just copy the whole Database folder onto the target PC. Alternatively, you can export to a single file from the first PC then import on the second PC, but just copying the Database folder is quicker.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Identical libraries on different PCs0