Two years ago I saw the Revolve-skin, and I immediately loved it. I installed it on XBMC and I kept using it. I figured that noone was actively developing it, so, about a year ago, I started changing and hopefully improving Revolve. Two months ago, I saw relyter's post about his work on the Revolve-skin, and it inspired me to finally finish my own version of Revolve. And finally, here is my attempt to improve Revolve and to make it Gotham-compatible (although it lacks PVR-support). It only supports English, and it is not tested on tablets or on a Raspberry Pi, so the performance is probably terrible on those devices.
Changes that I've made:
- I tried to make the skin Gotham-compatible, and it seems to work pretty well on XBMC Gotham 13.2.
- I've added some new views and some new artwork. Some artwork is temporary and rather ugly.
- I redesigned all dialogs. The dialogs are rather boring, but they should be working properly.
- I added some of relyter's ideas (eg. setings windows, background art).
Things I plan to do in the future:
- I'm trying to get those great looking views that ransomed posted in this thread (currently the views look a bit bland).
- I'm trying to find the source of all the background pictures, to make sure that the skins license will be correct.
- I would love to incorporate some more of relyter's ideas (eg. panelview, better-looking addon browser).
- I'll migrate Revolve to Helix.
- I'll try to add PVR-support, although it will have to wait after the Helix-migration.
- I'll optimise the skin, although I don't know yet what optimisations really matter.
- There are probably plenty of bugs to fix.
Here are some screenshots:
I'm trying to find out where all the background pictures in the Revolve-skin came from, so that I can check the licenses for these pictures. Many of these pictures were part of other XBMC-skins, but I couldn't find the origin of some of the pictures that were already included in Revolve. The pictures from unknown origin are these background images:
Revolve is the first skin I've ever worked on. It is probably buggy, badly written and it's certainly not perfect, but I hope that you'll try it. If you find anything worth improving, please let me know.
Revolve 0.1.0 download: - no longer available -
Thank you, ransomed, mKo, and relyter, for your great ideas for this skin! And thank you, Hitcher and Jezz_X, for the Foundation skin!