Crash Playing Particular Avi Xvid (nightly 20121210)
Hi all,

Been a while since I've had an issue.
I've found a repeatable crash with a particular avi xvid that I have. All other movies (various formats) have worked fine. The crash happens at random times through the movie not just one spot but always happens with this file (crash I logged was the longest its lasted, watched pot and all that). I've scanned the file for errors with both VLC and virtualdub but found nothing.

Details below
AppleTV2:
OS Version: 4.3 (8F305)
SW Version: 4.2.2 (2203)

XBMC:
XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20111210-f1ae0b6
(Also occurred on Git: 20111112-a2f830e before updating in fix attempt)

xbmc log - http://pastebin.com/uHVnh6Ci
syslog - http://pastebin.com/SZ6r2gZu
(reduced to this afternoon only, several crashes in there, crashlog from the last one)
crashreport - http://pastebin.com/e0cbN1fN
mediainfo - http://pastebin.com/23Sw1jwz

Some other basic info:
library on mysql
files SMB shared on linux NAS over ethernet (gigabit hub)

Cheers
I can add that this file plays fine on the 20121210 win32 nightly of XBMC (running on win7 64bit)
same here, playing that movie crashes xbmc after a few seconds. when i do bigstepforward it plays for some seconds and then crashes again. no problem on os x nightly build. no matter if playing from nfs or smb share. i had another movie with same behavior a couple of days ago, but cant remember which one that was. will post mediainfo also when i found it.

xbmc version: xbmc-20111210-f1ae0b6-master-atv2.deb
iOS version: 4.1.1

xbmc.log
mediainfo
syslog

there is nothing in crashreporter
Maetrik Wrote:same here, playing that movie crashes xbmc after a few seconds. when i do bigstepforward it plays for some seconds and then crashes again. no problem on os x nightly build. no matter if playing from nfs or smb share. i had another movie with same behavior a couple of days ago, but cant remember which one that was. will post mediainfo also when i found it.

xbmc version: xbmc-20111210-f1ae0b6-master-atv2.deb
iOS version: 4.1.1

xbmc.log
mediainfo
syslog

there is nothing in crashreporter

muuuuhhh syslog starts at 13:13 - crash is on 13:03 ... mismatch between syslog and xbmc.log ...

but when there is no crashlog - then its mostly a outofmemory crash ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
syslog
xbmc.log
mediainfo remains

'top' at time of crash (approx, file only plays about 5-6sec):

Code:
90 AppleTV     46.5%  0:02.60  14   185-   407  5948K- 1664K    17M-  238M-
Memphiz Wrote:muuuuhhh syslog starts at 13:13 - crash is on 13:03 ... mismatch between syslog and xbmc.log ...

but when there is no crashlog - then its mostly a outofmemory crash ...

Are you saying my crash is an out of memory crash as well? It's a small low res divx file
chuckles Wrote:Are you saying my crash is an out of memory crash as well? It's a small low res divx file

if i remember correct i've ment maetrik ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Am I reading it right that the crash occurred in avcodec?
deep inside of it ... yeah
I've been assuming this but can I get confirmation.
Because crash is in external library, it wont be fixed in eden release (feature and library freeze and all that)?
(just got same crash in beta2 and it reminded me to ask)
Yeah it looks like it ...
for ex. yesterday I stumbled upon a mp4 stream that reboots the atv2 entirely the second it plays..and it's reproducible. I'm also waiting for eden to be pushed to report it
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash Playing Particular Avi Xvid (nightly 20121210)0