• 19(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
snowjim Wrote:It looks like I will have to unpack all my TVshows and thats alot! So I am now develop a small Windows application to handle this form me.

Returns with the result.

Not sure how fast you write code but I'd move all avi/mkv/etc into one directory and let TheRenamer do the rest ... Rolleyes
upD8R Wrote:Not sure how fast you write code but I'd move all avi/mkv/etc into one directory and let TheRenamer do the rest ... Rolleyes

Hmm this sounds like a method I dont know about? What will TheRenamer do?

Right now the Ember do not find all my TVShows and on the once it founds it is missing some episodes.

I supose that this is due to that almost all TVShows I got is in rar archives and in separated folders like this :

Quote:MyTVShows
- TVShow1
-- Sesson 1
--- Episode.S01E01
---- Episode.S01E01.rar Archive
-- Sesson 2
--- Episode.S02E01
---- Episode.S02E01.rar Archive
- TVShow2
-- Sesson 1
--- Episode.S01E01
---- Episode.S01E01.rar Archive
-- Sesson 2
--- Episode.S02E01
---- Episode.S02E01.rar Archive
TheStretchedElf Wrote:The bundled bulk renamer is only implemented for movies. Selecting it under TV Shows gives the message "Not implemented yet".

What I need is something that will rename based on the .nfo and as far as I can tell only Ember does this (albeit limited to movies). The reason for this is the "shows" I wish to rename don't appear on TheTVDB, they are actually sports events which have been managed in Ember to appear as TV Shows in XBMC, (e.g. Super League, Season 2011, Episode 1: Round 1 - Wigan v St Helens).

TheRenamer, and the many similar tools I've found on the web, seem only able to rename TV Shows based on information they find on TheTVDB or similar, not the nfo file.

I'm not sure when but yes it is my plan to implement the renaming functionality for TV shows as well, its low on the list of things to do, but its there none the less
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
I dont know 100% how the renamer works but why is there a difference between Shows and Movies?
TV vs Movies
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
snowjim Wrote:Hmm this sounds like a method I dont know about? What will TheRenamer do?

Right now the Ember do not find all my TVShows and on the once it founds it is missing some episodes.

I supose that this is due to that almost all TVShows I got is in rar archives and in separated folders like this :
TheRenamer can rename TV shows and Episodes based on information it fetches from TheTVDB and a few other sources. It can also automatically move your files after renaming into a subfolder structure as it si working in my setup. That's all. Not exciting but working very well.

This is usually my procedure (some minor steps maybe skippd Huh):
Extract all .avi or .mkv of one TV show (all seasons alltogether) into one temporary folder. Nothing else, no rar source files (why do you keep them?), just the plain videos (sometimes with subtittle files, too).
If you have already all your files in a complex folder structure like yours I'd take Windows Explorer to search for all video files (again usually .avi, .mpg, .mkv ...). It will present a list. You can mark all found items and move them to one (temporary) folder.

Start TheRenamer (get it here: http://www.therenamer.com). Take a few moments to explore the options. In the right lower corner you can define what episode guide is used. I suggest TheTVDB. In the upper right corner (Settings) you can enable Auto Move and define the path to your final TV show destination. Same tab, right-hand side you can enable the season subfolder, if you wish one. An example file structure can be seen in green letters. Close the settings tab after adapting to your personal needs.

TheRenamer can guess what show you are trying to rename/move by extracting info from the file or folder names and google for it. Sometimes this is not enough, e.g. many of my sources have only file names like S01E02.avi w/o any further description. In such case or in case you want to be bullet-proof I suggest you open http://www.thetvdb.com and enter your target TV show in the search field. It will present you with a list of findings with titles in the left column and a number (ID) in the right column. For instance, the number is 75760 for "How I met your Mother".

Click on "TV manual scraping" in the lower left part of TheRenamer's main screen. There you can enter the TVDB ID. Do this and just leave the window open. Now open your source video folder in Windows Explorer, mark all video files and drag'n'drop it to TheRenamer window.

Now the magic starts, TheRenamer looks up TV show and Episode information at TVDB and after that it provides you a list of matches (mainly old names/new names), which you can check again or abort. If everything is fine, you click on Proceed and it will create folders, rename files and move them to your target directory.

After that I update Ember's library (Target path is in there) and do scraping with Ember ...

I know, it sounds complex and I used many words to describe a quick task but the combination of both tools is working excellent here. I re-worked my whole TV show library in less than 1 hour (well only 21 shows up to now).

Give it a try ...
bodrick Wrote:I'm not sure when but yes it is my plan to implement the renaming functionality for TV shows as well, its low on the list of things to do, but its there none the less

Well it's great news that it's on the to-do list, not so great that it's low down on it. Thanks for your continuing efforts. Smile
First off, thank you so much for reviving this amazing program. In my trials it was head and shoulders the best media manager I could find (and still is).

I have a few questions and would be very appreciative of any help anyone could offer:

1) Whats the best way to install this new version. I had an older (I believe 32bit version, there was folder created in the Programs x86 folder upon installation on my Windows7 64bit HTPC) and I have very meticulously organized almost everything. I downloaded the new file (from bodricks site), extracted it to my download folder and clicked on the embermediamanager.exe file assuming it would install over my old install. I realize that was an incorrect assumption. The new instance works great (scraped ALL my tv shows and movies) but is missing thumbnails and info on many movies. I thought EMM saved these files to their folders and then read what was there. All of the applicable files ARE in the correct folder (the movies name) they just don't seem to be reading. Also the old Ember Media Manager folder in my Programs x86 directory is loaded with the fanarts from before. I just don't want to redo all this work and I'm sure all of these issues would be taken care of if I knew just a little bit more about the best way to install the new version over the old. (Sorry this is such a n00b question).

2) This is an issue I was having with the older version of EMM that has seemed to carry over: Very inconsistent implementation of SortTitle. I use this a couple of ways and would love it to work ALL the time. I have EMM put the foreign title of a foreign film in as its title and its English title for SortTitle (ex: "Wo hu cang long" for "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"). Often this works, displaying "Wo hu cang long" but sorting it in the list under "C". But it doesn't work for ALL my foreign films and NEVER works for my second implementation. This second use is an alternate to movie sets. I label all the Planet of the Apes films correctly (Planet of the Apes, Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Escape from the Planet of the Apes, etc) but label them in SortTitle chronologically (i.e. Planet of the Apes 1, Planet of the Apes 2, etc). After I put in these changes and save it NEVER sorts the way I want. If I right click and edit movie, my SortTitle is still in there and if I look at the NFO I can see <sorttitle> populated, but it just doesn't seem to take.

3) For TV Shows, I would love to be able to have the ability to save BOTH a banner image AND a poster sized thumbnail. This is so I could switch between views in XBMC. I already have a poster sized picture in the specific TV Shows folders with the All-Seasons picture, I would just like to copy that picture inside the file and rename it to folder.jpg or whatever the alternate format that XBMC recognizes is. Sorry for not having more specific details, I'm at work and don't the programs in front of me.

Thanks again everyone and sorry for the long post.
3)
When I click on scrape on a TV Show I can choose Poster (Banner), Fanart, All Season Poster (Poster) + the Posters for each Season.
re 2)
The sort title field is not properly recognized by Ember but I wasn't aware that Ember should use it for its own sorting.

Nevertheless, the sorting works fine for me in XBMC if it's set in Ember.
TeKo Wrote:3)
When I click on scrape on a TV Show I can choose Poster (Banner), Fanart, All Season Poster (Poster) + the Posters for each Season.

Yes it does save all those, but XBMC doesn't seem to recognize the All Season Poster (Poster) as a thumbnail when displaying in my Library. What format do you save it as? jpg or tbn?

As I was typing this, I realized I should probably go into my settings and check to see what I had checked. I have:

Show Posters - Only "folder.jpg" checked
Show Fanart - Only "fanart.jpg" checked
All Season Posters - Only "season-all.tbn" checked
Season Posters - Only "seasonXX.tbn" checked
Season Fanart - Nothing checked
Episode Posters - Nothing checked
Episode Fanart - Nothing checked

I also decided to re-read XBMC's naming conventions (wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails). It now looks to me that what I want isn't even possible with the current way XBMC looks for user generated thumbnails. Show thumbnails have to be read as folder.jpg and there can't be more than one folder.jpg in the same folder. I guess its just not possible to have both a banner image and a poster image read into xbmc as a thumbnail. Please correct me if any of this is wrong. Its annoying (and frankly a bit hard to believe) that the ability to switch back and forth between TV Show views that utilize banner or poster sized thumbnails just isn't possible...
upD8R Wrote:re 2)
The sort title field is not properly recognized by Ember but I wasn't aware that Ember should use it for its own sorting.

Nevertheless, the sorting works fine for me in XBMC if it's set in Ember.

That's fair, I suppose I should refresh all my movies anytime I make changes to the Sorttitle fields to see if they are reflected in XBMC. But to be honest, I can't seem to understand why EMM WOULDN'T display by SortTitle, but maybe there's something I'm missing.

Does anybody have advice on my first (and most important) problem, re: the best method for a clean install. I just loaded my movies in for a second time. I'm looking at the EMM listing for 12 Angry Men and it lists that it has no poster or or fanart. I'm also currently looking at the folder 12 Angry Men and it clearly contains:

12 Angry Men.avi
12 Angry Men.nfo
12 Angry Men.srt
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg

Any help on how to rectify this would again be greatly appreciated. Thanks @TeKo and @Upd8er already for your help.
right click your movie and then hit reload, what happens?
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
TeKo Wrote:What Ember does now:
I copy the new movie into my Movie Folder.
I click update Library.
Ember puts the file in a folder with the same name.
Then I click on Scrape Media -> new movies -> ask -> all.
Then I have the folder with the old file name with the movie (new file name) and the scraped files in it + a .nfo with the old file name.
Then I have to start the bulk renamer
Where I have to change "Folder Pattern (multiple movies)" (renaming folder to Title (Year) does only work with multi movies even if I have only 1 movie in a folder and I cant set default for it)
When I click rename I have the folder with everything in it like it should be but still the folder with the old title and the nfo.

So it would be really nice if you could implement a checkbox for "Sort files into folders after scraping" and a way to change the Folder Pattern "default" for multiple movie folders.

That would make scraping and sorting way easier you could just throw anything in your folder click one button and everything is scraped, renamed and in the right folder.

You can set default renaming -
Edit - Settings - Modules : Renamer
you can also turn on auto rename after scrape...
Yea I did that but I cant set a default for the multiple movies field and thats the one Ember uses when I rename even if I have only 1 movies in the folder dont know why.

Iam using auto rename but the problem with that is that it renames the file and not the folder so the easiest way would be to auto rename the files and then auto sort them into folders.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26