• 59(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-04-22, 20:25)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-04-22, 19:46)tedappleberry Wrote:
(2012-04-21, 16:49)TeKo Wrote: Nope everything the same.

XBMC reads the nfos only once so just scrape everything update your DB and you should have access to it from the other machines.

OK, so to use EMM and XBMC with multiple users and MYSQL in what order should things be done? Like, at what point to I export my library and import in to Mysql? Before or after running EMM? My goal is to have all users runnng xBMC to be using Mysql and the shared data generated from EMM. Do I even need to use the shared thumb nails setting in advancedsettings.xml?

Thanks!

Use Ember to scrape every movie. Use your main machine to scan every movie into XBMC (only time XBMC uses the files scraped with Ember). You should have every Movie in your MySQL db and should be able to access them from every machine. Sharing thumbnails is optional if you want to save some space and its easy to update.

Ember send the data to XBMC, XBMC automatically accesses the MySQL database. I think that XBMC also creates the images properly.

1. Setup/Install MySQL for all machines, with or without shared thumb (i do not know if it works with shared thumbs)
2. Make one (primary) XBMC ready for HTTP-Interface
3. Run your primary XBMC
4. Set up Ember XBMC-Controller
5. Edit one movie and check if everything works
U r the man! I will try this method now and report back.. Much obliged..
Any word on bug # 75 getting fixed (fanart getting download in the smallest size)? Stops EmberMM from being usable for me (just starting to build up my Library).
Thanks!
(2012-04-22, 22:40)d3maxt Wrote: Any word on bug # 75 getting fixed (fanart getting download in the smallest size)? Stops EmberMM from being usable for me (just starting to build up my Library).
Thanks!

Sorry, this is a job for @bodrick: My VB-skills are limited Confused
Does anyone know if the XBMC Controller should add new movies to XBMC's db? Or does it only edit existing ones? Because that's all that seems to work for me.
(2012-04-23, 21:13)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-04-22, 22:40)d3maxt Wrote: Any word on bug # 75 getting fixed (fanart getting download in the smallest size)? Stops EmberMM from being usable for me (just starting to build up my Library).
Thanks!

Sorry, this is a job for @bodrick: My VB-skills are limited Confused

No problem! Your help is appreciated too. I just hope he is still working on this! Smile
Trying to get XBMC Controller to work with more then one source. Do you know if it is possible?
I have 2 movie drives but only the newer one shows up after Populate Sources is clicked. (one disappears after the search is done)
"Title: Error
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at generic.EmberCore.XBMC.dlgXBMCHost.getMaxSourceCount(Hashtable h)
at generic.EmberCore.XBMC.dlgXBMCHost.btnPopulate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 24/04/2012 12:46:57 PM"
Just wondering what settings people set for "Poster" and "Fanart"?
I know you only need to tick one box per section (there are too many articles saying tick this this this etc which they don't explain why)
From memory, I think it was said XBMC uses .tbn in its database and it loads faster than .jpg, or is there no difference?

I just want to set my movies up correctly and once so I don't have to muck around Smile

Maybe I should just set;
Poster to - <movie>.jpg
Fanart to - <movie>-fanart.jpg

Or maybe just set to movie.jpg and fanart.jpg?

(2012-04-24, 14:16)leftywhat Wrote: Just wondering what settings people set for "Poster" and "Fanart"?
I know you only need to tick one box per section (there are too many articles saying tick this this this etc which they don't explain why)
From memory, I think it was said XBMC uses .tbn in its database and it loads faster than .jpg, or is there no difference?

I just want to set my movies up correctly and once so I don't have to muck around Smile

Maybe I should just set;
Poster to - <movie>.jpg
Fanart to - <movie>-fanart.jpg

Or maybe just set to movie.jpg and fanart.jpg?

The correct settings for XBMC (XBMC-DB export standard) is:
<movie>.tbn
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>.nfo

(2012-04-24, 01:51)Diakosn Wrote: Trying to get XBMC Controller to work with more then one source. Do you know if it is possible?
I have 2 movie drives but only the newer one shows up after Populate Sources is clicked. (one disappears after the search is done)
StackTrace: at generic.EmberCore.XBMC.dlgXBMCHost.getMaxSourceCount(Hashtable h)
at generic.EmberCore.XBMC.dlgXBMCHost.btnPopulate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I have three sources for my movies and they all show in the XBMC Controller module. All three are network shares, not drives though. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I'm using EMM 1.3.0.5 in combination with imdb_olympia.1.5 but it doesn't pick up genres.

Is this a known issue and can it be solved?
(2012-04-24, 14:56)RockDawg Wrote:
(2012-04-24, 01:51)Diakosn Wrote: Trying to get XBMC Controller to work with more then one source. Do you know if it is possible?

I have three sources for my movies and they all show in the XBMC Controller module. All three are network shares, not drives though. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Can you make a printscreen of the Ember settings for us?
how to retain the sets that i created for YAMJ?

I loaded my library into the latest 1.3.0.5, but when i go to sets manager, my previously created sets are not present.

why?
(2012-04-24, 14:56)RockDawg Wrote:

Workaround:

1. add a XBMC Host

2. press "Populate Sources", ignore the error ans set your first source an press "OK"

3. select your host end press "Edit", and set all other ember sources to the same xbmc source

4. press "OK", save settings and close Ember

5. open the "AdvancedSettings.xml" in Ember root folder ans search the XBMC Host settings

6. edit the sources to the right path and save the file

7. start ember and check the XBMController host settings

8. Dance the victory-dance Big Grin
(2012-04-24, 14:54)DanCooper Wrote: The correct settings for XBMC (XBMC-DB export standard) is:
<movie>.tbn
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>.nfo

OK cool thanks, am I doing the following below correctly? XBMC can be quite confusing at times, argh...

Set to Movies
Run automated scan = ON
Movies are in separate folders = ON
Scan Recursively = OFF
Selected folder contains a single video = OFF
Exclude path from library updates = OFF

Do you want to refresh info for all items within this path = YES

It still shows "downloading movie information" though , is that correct?

I noticed if I set in Ember Poster to "movie.jpg", XBMC doesn't get the picture from my movie folder, seems to scrap from the net, so I put it back to "movie.tbn" and seems to work fine.
For Fanart, setting it as "fanart.jpg" works fine.

I also set NFO to "movie.nfo" as afaik when you set "Movies are in separate folders = ON", XBMC will read "movie.nfo" over any other nfo files in the folder (such as a scene info - that is the nfo that came when you downloaded a file)

Man I wish someone would just write up a simple settings setup and how to scrape from your movie folders with the files ember has downloaded into your folders
The wiki's are just not good enough or explain much at all :/

Think I've finally got it right now though?
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26