• 48(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
Hello all,

I've been using ember for a year now. love it. However I recently discovered that the episode order of a tv show can differ from broadcast order and dvd release order. I now have a problem with my He-Man cartoons. I ripped my season 1 box set and noticed they don't show up correctly in ember. I have set the default order to dvd, yet only a few eps are scraped.All the info is however available at tvdb : http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...&order=dvd

My question is, does this ordering feature in Ember actually work? anybody else experience? I've searched the forum but without success.

I have my epi's named like this : He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - S01E01.mkv

I could rename them all in the broadcast order, but I've noticed there are more shows in my collection which have the same problem. so that will be a lot of renaming for me Sad

Thanks,
Grave
(2012-03-31, 11:01)st graveyard Wrote: Hello all,

I've been using ember for a year now. love it. However I recently discovered that the episode order of a tv show can differ from broadcast order and dvd release order. I now have a problem with my He-Man cartoons. I ripped my season 1 box set and noticed they don't show up correctly in ember. I have set the default order to dvd, yet only a few eps are scraped.All the info is however available at tvdb : http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...&order=dvd

My question is, does this ordering feature in Ember actually work? anybody else experience? I've searched the forum but without success.

I have my epi's named like this : He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - S01E01.mkv

I could rename them all in the broadcast order, but I've noticed there are more shows in my collection which have the same problem. so that will be a lot of renaming for me Sad

Thanks,
Grave

It works fine for me as long as tvdb's DVD order matches my tv show that has a DVD order different then the aired order.. You can check tvdb's DVD order for any show via a drop down on any season page.
THX for trying to help, blank

There is something weird going on here.

So, the episodes are on my hd in the DVD order. When I scrape using the standard ordering in Ember, all epi's are downloaded and the info file is created, but the info files do not match the actual epi's on hd (because they are in DVD ordering).
Now when I use the dvd ordering in Ember, only epi's, 10, 20, 30, 40 , 50 and 60 are scraped. And when checking tvdb, the nfo which is put in the files belong to epi 1,2,3,4,5 and 6.

Now, when I look at tv db, I see the dvd order epi's are numbered like 1.0, 2.0 ... 40.0, 41.0 ... So why is that? might this be the problem. Do I have to rename the numbering of my episodes perhaps?
Now they are :
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - S01E01
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - S01E24
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - S01E25

This is odd...

Ok, this is weird. I've added a zero behind every epi nr like :

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - S01E01 ---> He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - S01E010
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - S01E24 ---> He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - S01E240

Now everything gets scraped, in the correct order, but the episode nrs are now listed ten times too hight in xbmc

I think I found a bug in emberHuh?
What is the Scape Media button for TV shows disabled? I can scape movies successfully but not TV shows.

I am using 1.3.0.2.
(2012-04-01, 10:37)JamesNK Wrote: What is the Scape Media button for TV shows disabled? I can scape movies successfully but not TV shows.

I am using 1.3.0.2.

TV-show "auto"-scraping is not supportet. Use the right mousebutton or Ctrl+I
I have made a small YouTube-Trailer fix for XBMC-YouTube-Plugin and add trailersupport for the XBMC-Controller module.

- The scraped YouTube-Trailer-Links from TMDB are now in the correct format for XBMC (plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=).
- The XBMC-Controller-Module changes now the Trailer-Links in the XBMC-DB.

I've used the 1.3.0.3 experimental version sourcecode. This fix are tested only with this version of ember!

new fix online!

Excuse my bad English =)
(2012-04-01, 11:41)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 10:37)JamesNK Wrote: Why is the Scape Media button for TV shows disabled? I can scape movies successfully but not TV shows.

I am using 1.3.0.2.

Why not? Why do I need to click each episode individually and scrape data one at a time?
(2012-04-02, 03:51)JamesNK Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 11:41)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 10:37)JamesNK Wrote: Why is the Scape Media button for TV shows disabled? I can scape movies successfully but not TV shows.

I am using 1.3.0.2.

Why not? Why do I need to click each episode individually and scrape data one at a time?

You don't. Once a series is added, all the individual episodes of that series are scraped, and episodes added in the future are scraped with a simple click of "Update Library". I think DanCooper is saying you have to confirm that each series is initially recognized correctly.
They aren't being scraped when I click update library. They appear in the library but nothing is done about them.
(2012-04-02, 05:03)JamesNK Wrote: They aren't being scraped when I click update library. They appear in the library but nothing is done about them.

Is the series (and the problem episodes in particular) in thetvdb from which ember scrapes?
(2012-04-02, 00:50)DanCooper Wrote: I have made a small YouTube-Trailer fix for XBMC-YouTube-Plugin and add trailersupport for the XBMC-Controller module.

- The scraped YouTube-Trailer-Links from TMDB are now in the correct format for XBMC (plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=).
- The XBMC-Controller-Module changes now the Trailer-Links in the XBMC-DB.

I've used the 1.3.0.3 experimental version sourcecode. This fix are tested only with this version of ember!

Share-Online Download

Excuse my bad English =)

Any chance you want to fix actual trailer downloading too?? That would be most excellent....
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2012-04-02, 06:38)_matt_ Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 05:03)JamesNK Wrote: They aren't being scraped when I click update library. They appear in the library but nothing is done about them.

Is the series (and the problem episodes in particular) in thetvdb from which ember scrapes?
Yes. If I choose to manually re-scrape an episode then information is downloaded.
(2012-04-02, 07:42)JamesNK Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 06:38)_matt_ Wrote:

Yes. If I choose to manually re-scrape an episode then information is downloaded.

Ah, OK. I ran into this recently when I was adding very new recordings. Try going to Edit > Settings... > TV Shows > Scrapers - Data and set Re-download Show Information Every: to "Always". I'm guessing the problem is that the information for the episodes isn't in Ember's cache because is wasn't available at thetvdb when Ember first pulled down information for that show.
I've done that but metadata is still not downloaded.
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26