• 187(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-02-14, 19:40)m.savazzi Wrote: When I look at the documentation from XBMC and the examples there is always the show name repeated in front.

No, that's what it says ... now.

When I started collecting and used XBMC for the first time (v9), the naming-conventions had the format I use now as the recommended format, putting the show-name before the season-episode markers was optional as it parsed the full path and not just the file. I like that, because it reduces duplicity in the full path, as well as make the files useful and human-readable in other media-players such as the one built into Sony Bravia televisions, or the WD-TV, in fact most built-in players, because of their limitation in only displaying the first 20 or 30 characters of a file-name in their simple browser.

No hope in hell am I going to alienate the other players in this house by renaming several tens of thousands of files just because someone on the XMBC scraper code team is too lazy to analyse a full path :p

Quote:We can check but I would bet is a problem with the RegExs as all your shows will report an empty series name and then series-episodes.

I notice there's a "RegEx" panel in the settings, but the whole concept of "regular expressions" and grep is completely alien to my way of thinking (which is visual). How would I alter those to make EMM fit my naming convention?
HAHAHAHA

Anyway: TMDB.scraper scraped the first movie, and images
(but the with the old api, now I have to update to 3)
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-02-15, 20:13)m.savazzi Wrote: HAHAHAHA

I do not appreciate being laughed at merely for putting forward a logical statement and a request for assistance in acomodating technology to my needs.

(FYI, Tommy Lee Jones is younger than I am :p)
Upgrading a 2TB to a 3TB going to take 23hrs to transfer all my TV shows over WOW!! Then I am moving all my complete shows from a 1TB over to the 2TB drive.
(2013-02-15, 20:13)Hyram Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 19:40)m.savazzi Wrote: When I look at the documentation from XBMC and the examples there is always the show name repeated in front.

No, that's what it says ... now.

When I started collecting and used XBMC for the first time (v9), the naming-conventions had the format I use now as the recommended format, putting the show-name before the season-episode markers was optional as it parsed the full path and not just the file. I like that, because it reduces duplicity in the full path, as well as make the files useful and human-readable in other media-players such as the one built into Sony Bravia televisions, or the WD-TV, in fact most built-in players, because of their limitation in only displaying the first 20 or 30 characters of a file-name in their simple browser.

No hope in hell am I going to alienate the other players in this house by renaming several tens of thousands of files just because someone on the XMBC scraper code team is too lazy to analyse a full path :p

Quote:We can check but I would bet is a problem with the RegExs as all your shows will report an empty series name and then series-episodes.

I notice there's a "RegEx" panel in the settings, but the whole concept of "regular expressions" and grep is completely alien to my way of thinking (which is visual). How would I alter those to make EMM fit my naming convention?

In XBMC the <name> is still optional even though it's mentioned in all examples. The important part is that the season and episode part of the file name matches any of the pattern mentioned in http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...hows#Files

I just ran a test in Frodo with a mix of name styles;

<Show>.SxxEyy.mkv
SxxEyy.mkv
foo.SxxEyy.mkv

and they were all recognized. If it still does not work, turn on debugging and check the log file.

Regarding EMM (version 1.3.0.9), I tried scraping the above mentioned structure and it also worked. Settings in EMM was Frodo default.
(2013-02-15, 20:13)Hyram Wrote: I notice there's a "RegEx" panel in the settings, but the whole concept of "regular expressions" and grep is completely alien to my way of thinking (which is visual). How would I alter those to make EMM fit my naming convention?

That is a major problem even for me Sad they are a nightmare....

M

(2013-02-15, 21:02)Hyram Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 20:13)m.savazzi Wrote: HAHAHAHA

I do not appreciate being laughed at merely for putting forward a logical statement and a request for assistance in acomodating technology to my needs.

(FYI, Tommy Lee Jones is younger than I am :p)

1) the posts overlapped I was laughing at DanCopper's comment in the previous posts on the fact we have to add-check structure
2) In any case you picture is GREAT! thank you for it!

(2013-02-15, 22:06)humpe Wrote: Regarding EMM (version 1.3.0.9), I tried scraping the above mentioned structure and it also worked. Settings in EMM was Frodo default.

humpe,
thank you for the help.

Can you check even the 1 episode per each subfolder?

M
(2013-02-15, 21:34)Randall Lind Wrote: Upgrading a 2TB to a 3TB going to take 23hrs to transfer all my TV shows over WOW!! Then I am moving all my complete shows from a 1TB over to the 2TB drive.

That's a lot of time! what have you used to do the transfer?
(2147483648 byte in 82800 sec = 259336 byte/sec = 207487 bit/sec = 202 Kbs = 0.19 Mbps)

it's almost a modem Smile
I am getting like 11-12 MB/sec transfer but seems longer. I need to upgrade my current TV drive. I then have a 1TB and a 500GB for complete series those will be replace with the 2B drive. I then have a 2TB movie drive. My goal is to upgrade the other drives to 3TB amd then buy a third one. This maxing out my 4 bay mediuasonic.

Then build a HTPC hoping to start buying parts this summer. I use my 4 bay mediasonic now with my laptop.
(2013-02-16, 00:22)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 21:34)Randall Lind Wrote: Upgrading a 2TB to a 3TB going to take 23hrs to transfer all my TV shows over WOW!! Then I am moving all my complete shows from a 1TB over to the 2TB drive.

That's a lot of time! what have you used to do the transfer?
(2147483648 byte in 82800 sec = 259336 byte/sec = 207487 bit/sec = 202 Kbs = 0.19 Mbps)

it's almost a modem Smile

No, it's pretty standard if he's doing it over USB, pulling about 27MB/s
I'm transferring 1.85 tb from one drive that starting to show signs of failing to another newer one.

it's got about 3 hours left out of a total of 5 and a half.

both drives are usb3 though.
(2013-02-16, 00:49)Randall Lind Wrote: I am getting like 11-12 MB/sec transfer but seems longer. I need to upgrade my current TV drive. I then have a 1TB and a 500GB for complete series those will be replace with the 2B drive. I then have a 2TB movie drive. My goal is to upgrade the other drives to 3TB amd then buy a third one. This maxing out my 4 bay mediuasonic.

Then build a HTPC hoping to start buying parts this summer. I use my 4 bay mediasonic now with my laptop.

A co-worker is looking to buy the 4-bay mediasonic, have you had good experience with it?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
My new drive is Sata III but usb is 2.0 LOL It is worth it I will have more space just in time for The Walking Dead mid season premier Sunday. It start at 16 MB but fail to 11-12 MB,

I have a MediaSonic 4-bay probox and I love it. They also have a raid version for a tad more. This one is very easy just insert a drive and format it and Windows 7 sees it. I been using this for like a year with no issues. I got it after a computer died and I needed to figure out how I was going to watch my media. Amazon sells it for like $120
(2013-02-15, 19:07)orbtwin Wrote: any possibility for the watched/unwatched box?...in the edit movie box?...i have to edit manually the *.nfo every time i finished the details of a movie.
and the same for adding a <set/> box in the edit

+1
these are the only things here I have to do manually after EMM creates .nfo files (<playcount>, <lastplayed> and <set>).
(2013-02-16, 01:21)ezechiel1917 Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 19:07)orbtwin Wrote: any possibility for the watched/unwatched box?...in the edit movie box?...i have to edit manually the *.nfo every time i finished the details of a movie.
and the same for adding a <set/> box in the edit

+1
these are the only things here I have to do manually after EMM creates .nfo files.

+2 on the <set>
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-02-15, 22:27)m.savazzi Wrote: 1) the posts overlapped I was laughing at DanCopper's comment in the previous posts on the fact we have to add-check structure
2) In any case you picture is GREAT! thank you for it!

Ahhh, I see, all good then.

(and yes, it's a classic, possibly the most-used response image I have ... and for those that know me, even more appropriate, because I look an awful lot like Tommy, except my half-glasses are black frame and I sport a chinstrap beard Big Grin)

humpe's experiments and results are definitely heartening, I shall turn on this mysterious-and-heretofor-avoided Frodo checkbox and see what happens!

Oh, and I think I have discovered the most obscure bug ever reported for EMM.

Open the Settings, go to the Misc. panel, then edit the genre/language options so that the first two genre items are English only, then select the first genre in the list, and you will get an error. If you then examine /Images/Genres/Genres.xml you'll find that EMM has bollixed the edit, rendering the genres list un-usable.
  • 187(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26