• 188(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-02-15, 22:27)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 22:06)humpe Wrote: Regarding EMM (version 1.3.0.9), I tried scraping the above mentioned structure and it also worked. Settings in EMM was Frodo default.

humpe,
thank you for the help.

Can you check even the 1 episode per each subfolder?

M

1 episode per folder works fine in XBMC but not at all in EMM.

(2013-02-16, 03:23)Hyram Wrote: humpe's experiments and results are definitely heartening, I shall turn on this mysterious-and-heretofor-avoided Frodo checkbox and see what happens!

AFAIK the "XBMC Frodo" button only does the file name choices for you. For TV shows that's:
- poster.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- seasonXX-poster.jpg
- seasonXX-fanart.jpg
- <episode>-thumb.jpg
- season-all-poster.jpg
(2013-02-16, 01:21)ezechiel1917 Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 19:07)orbtwin Wrote: any possibility for the watched/unwatched box?...in the edit movie box?...i have to edit manually the *.nfo every time i finished the details of a movie.
and the same for adding a <set/> box in the edit

+1
these are the only things here I have to do manually after EMM creates .nfo files (<playcount>, <lastplayed> and <set>).

I have built a modified version of Ember some time ago, which had following features I needed:

- New MediaInfo fields: VideoBitrate, AudioBitrate, Multiview ( 3D-movie support using "MultiView_Count" Info from video stream)

- Watched/Unwatched Checkbox in Edit Movie (PLAYCOUNT Tag in nfo will be set to 1 if checked) (see screenie above)

- Also created a new Addon for trakt.tv support in Ember to sync watched movies from your personal trakt.tv. account to your nfo files (sets playcount):

- Improved HTML Export to allow saving smaller fanarts/posters (faster loading times when using my movie template for example)

- Also added rating display to show right besides the stars in Ember:

Problem is that my compiled version is already outdated (no IMDB fixes , youtube fixes...) - I plan to use Dan Coopers/msvazzis up to date Project of Ember and migrate my changes to this project, since it makes much more sense. I think I might do this this weekend Smile
Hey, been lurking for a while without commenting, but after attempting to categorize 3,000+ movies I had to drop in and say something. Is there a reason why the auto-search function selects the newest movie from the "Popular Titles", rather than the one and only "Exact Match" that comes up? I know it's not a big deal when you're adding one or two new movies, but for me it meant at least 500 movies which got incorrectly linked to movie REVIEWS rather than the actual movies. And it seems like it would be an easy fix ...

I'd also be interested in contributing to the project. The above issue is something I could probably fix myself - is there a shared project set up where we can add our own code? I know the original Ember had one going, but that hasn't been active in ages ...

Any feedback would be appreciated!
(2013-02-12, 02:41)alspoll Wrote:
(2011-12-19, 23:34)isamu.dragon Wrote: Thanks tug for how to do the ignore list

The one thing that keeps me from using Ember for TV Shows instead of Sickbeard (not counting still airing shows) is the lack of the use of the following fields,
Quote: <displayseason></displayseason>
<displayepisode></displayepisode>
These are helpful for special episodes (or where movies take place in the series).
An Example would be Doctor Who: (Posting only needed information)
Quote: <title>The Christmas Invasion</title>
<season>0</season>
<episode>2</episode>
<aired>2005-12-25</aired>
<displayseason>2</displayseason>
<displayepisode>1</displayepisode>
This information would enable the episode to be read as a special (series movie), and be displayed in the Second season, where it takes place

Has this been implemented?

Not to bump my own post.... but I just wanted to see if this feature is on the radar or is no one interested in it?

For me, this makes it much more enjoyable to go thru my tv show library and see the special listed in the correct season episode order that it was planned for rather than remembering to go to the specials season and view it.

TIA,

AL
(2013-02-16, 06:17)Dileas Wrote: Hey, been lurking for a while without commenting, but after attempting to categorize 3,000+ movies I had to drop in and say something. Is there a reason why the auto-search function selects the newest movie from the "Popular Titles", rather than the one and only "Exact Match" that comes up? I know it's not a big deal when you're adding one or two new movies, but for me it meant at least 500 movies which got incorrectly linked to movie REVIEWS rather than the actual movies. And it seems like it would be an easy fix ...

I'd also be interested in contributing to the project. The above issue is something I could probably fix myself - is there a shared project set up where we can add our own code? I know the original Ember had one going, but that hasn't been active in ages ...

You can check out the up to date Ember here on github: https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM/tree/1.3.0.x
It's a fork from bodrick the original author, but bodrick is working on Ember 2.0 branch while m savazzi and Dan Cooper and others are working/fixing the "old" 1.3.0 version Smile

So your best bet is to use Dan Coopers version and you can contribute by commiting to github - I've done it myself Smile
(2013-02-16, 06:32)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 06:17)Dileas Wrote: Hey, been lurking for a while without commenting, but after attempting to categorize 3,000+ movies I had to drop in and say something. Is there a reason why the auto-search function selects the newest movie from the "Popular Titles", rather than the one and only "Exact Match" that comes up? I know it's not a big deal when you're adding one or two new movies, but for me it meant at least 500 movies which got incorrectly linked to movie REVIEWS rather than the actual movies. And it seems like it would be an easy fix ...

You can check out the up to date Ember here on github: https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM/tree/1.3.0.x
It's a fork from bodrick the original author, but bodrick is working on Ember 2.0 branch while m savazzi and Dan Cooper and others are working/fixing the "old" 1.3.0 version Smile

So your best bet is to use Dan Coopers version and you can contribute by commiting to github - I've done it myself Smile

Sweet! I didn't realize they had it up on git; must have missed that part of the comments thread. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!
(2013-02-16, 00:49)Randall Lind Wrote: I am getting like 11-12 MB/sec transfer but seems longer. I need to upgrade my current TV drive. I then have a 1TB and a 500GB for complete series those will be replace with the 2B drive. I then have a 2TB movie drive. My goal is to upgrade the other drives to 3TB amd then buy a third one. This maxing out my 4 bay mediuasonic.

Then build a HTPC hoping to start buying parts this summer. I use my 4 bay mediasonic now with my laptop.

With all that data I really suggest you a NAS (QNAP Smile)

(2013-02-16, 00:51)ynksbsbll2 Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 00:22)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 21:34)Randall Lind Wrote: Upgrading a 2TB to a 3TB going to take 23hrs to transfer all my TV shows over WOW!! Then I am moving all my complete shows from a 1TB over to the 2TB drive.

That's a lot of time! what have you used to do the transfer?
(2147483648 byte in 82800 sec = 259336 byte/sec = 207487 bit/sec = 202 Kbs = 0.19 Mbps)

it's almost a modem Smile

No, it's pretty standard if he's doing it over USB, pulling about 27MB/s

Seems to me too much in any case...

(2013-02-16, 00:54)sparklyballs Wrote: I'm transferring 1.85 tb from one drive that starting to show signs of failing to another newer one.

it's got about 3 hours left out of a total of 5 and a half.

both drives are usb3 though.

that is more reasonable....

When I have to do massive transfers I open the PC and connect to SATA Smile
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
Can anybody help me please. Ember stored all the Images of actors inside the nfos. But unfortunately, they are tiny, which looks terrible. How can I get Ember to put the original size urls into the nfos? Any help appreciated!
(2013-02-16, 10:56)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 00:49)Randall Lind Wrote: I am getting like 11-12 MB/sec transfer but seems longer. I need to upgrade my current TV drive. I then have a 1TB and a 500GB for complete series those will be replace with the 2B drive. I then have a 2TB movie drive. My goal is to upgrade the other drives to 3TB amd then buy a third one. This maxing out my 4 bay mediuasonic.

Then build a HTPC hoping to start buying parts this summer. I use my 4 bay mediasonic now with my laptop.

With all that data I really suggest you a NAS (QNAP Smile)

(2013-02-16, 00:51)ynksbsbll2 Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 00:22)m.savazzi Wrote: That's a lot of time! what have you used to do the transfer?
(2147483648 byte in 82800 sec = 259336 byte/sec = 207487 bit/sec = 202 Kbs = 0.19 Mbps)

it's almost a modem Smile

No, it's pretty standard if he's doing it over USB, pulling about 27MB/s

Seems to me too much in any case...

(2013-02-16, 00:54)sparklyballs Wrote: I'm transferring 1.85 tb from one drive that starting to show signs of failing to another newer one.

it's got about 3 hours left out of a total of 5 and a half.

both drives are usb3 though.

that is more reasonable....

When I have to do massive transfers I open the PC and connect to SATA Smile

If I could I would but for the time being just have my laptop and my mediasonic 4-bay device. I hope to start buy parts for my AMD 8 core HTPC in the summer. My next buy may be the SliverStone G08 case if not another 3TB drive for sure..
(2013-02-13, 00:27)Randall Lind Wrote: I just ordered a wd 3tb green bare drive off Amazon $138.18 so next week will have fun transferring my current TV Shows over and using the 2TB drive to upgrade a 1TB drive for complete series. I current have a 500GB, 1TB and a 2TB for TV shows so be nice to get rid of the 1TB and 500GB transfer to 2TB then 2TB will transfer over to 3TB.

If all work out I plan to replace the 2TB and buy two more to replace my 2TB movie drive with one to spare maxing out my media sonic 4 bay device.

Randall, a co-worker is considering the Mediasonic. Have you had a good experience with it?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Would it be possible to get the set manager merged with the movie details edit window? So you can add/remove/edit a movie's set while editting details?
(2013-02-16, 17:56)Dragen Wrote: Would it be possible to get the set manager merged with the movie details edit window? So you can add/remove/edit a movie's set while editting details?

Not sure is meaningful, how you'd envision it should work?
The set is not part of movie details but is a group of movies
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-02-16, 20:06)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 17:56)Dragen Wrote: Would it be possible to get the set manager merged with the movie details edit window? So you can add/remove/edit a movie's set while editting details?

Not sure is meaningful, how you'd envision it should work?
The set is not part of movie details but is a group of movies

Actually I'd say that a set is part of the movie details, just like genres are, in that a genre also represents a group of movies. On this same note <tag> is another item to consider adding as well.
(2013-02-16, 17:56)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 00:27)Randall Lind Wrote: I just ordered a wd 3tb green bare drive off Amazon $138.18 so next week will have fun transferring my current TV Shows over and using the 2TB drive to upgrade a 1TB drive for complete series. I current have a 500GB, 1TB and a 2TB for TV shows so be nice to get rid of the 1TB and 500GB transfer to 2TB then 2TB will transfer over to 3TB.

If all work out I plan to replace the 2TB and buy two more to replace my 2TB movie drive with one to spare maxing out my media sonic 4 bay device.

Randall, a co-worker is considering the Mediasonic. Have you had a good experience with it?

Read post #2802 I already answer this. Yea I love it. One thing I forgot to mention is that I play 720p video from it with no breakup or pausing. I don't do 1080p because my laptop which is connect to my HDTV can't handle them. I have an Intel Mobile 965 Express on board card so I believe that's why 1080p has issues. I will be building an HTPC sometime this year or next. I am fine with 720 anyway looks good to me on my 32 inch HDTV.
(2013-02-16, 20:31)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 17:56)CaptainKen Wrote:

Read post #2802 I already answer this. Yea I love it.

Thank you!
  • 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26