• 234(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-04-06, 08:43)JohnWPB Wrote: I am having a couple of problems with TV shows, and am not sure if it is just me or not. I am running the latest released version, no github additions.

When I am looking at a season of a TV show, American Idol for instance, and add a couple new ones to the folder, I can see the last 2 episodes in the list by just the file name: "American Idol S12E24" and "American Idol S12E25" If I right click on season 12 and choose "(Re)scrape Season" EMM flickers, the highlight moves from season 12 in the list to the first season of the show, and nothing else at all happens.

To add the 2 new episodes, I have to then right click on the episode itself and choose "(Re)scrape episode". Then it brings up the dialog asking the name of the show LOL... really, I would think it would know that based on the top level show that is selected and such. Anyhow, after confirming it is the show, and then on the next screen, selecting OK, the episode now shows correctly named in the list, "19 Top 10 Results Show" instead of just the file name. I then do the same for the next episode.

This can become tedious when I have not added shows for a couple weeks, and have 20+ episodes from different shows to add. That plus trying to remember what shows have new episodes, so I can even find the episodes to manually update it.

This has been like this for some time, so I am wondering if it is something on my machine alone, or if others are seeing the same behavior.

Check my post #3451
Hallo, any idea why my Ember didnt collect the extra selected picture types like "<episode>-fanart.jpg" and so on ?

When i hit rescrape for an tv-show it scrape also the new picture types i added to my config but after i did this and add a new episode, this new episode is again without the new pictures like <episode>-fanart.jpg until i rescrape the whole show.
Hi all

Would like some help on extrathumbs folder, I have 4 thumbs in the folder already but when i scrape a new movie ember decideds to delete the pictures when i am done scraping them.

Anyone know why ? because once i finished scaping them and i put the pictures back into the folder and then edit the movie data with ember it then has a green tick next to extrathumbs ?

can anyone help it prob just a setting or somthing but i can not figure it out.

cheers
hi
is the -newauto -all parameters still work?
doesnt seem to do anything,
(2013-04-06, 16:08)meridius Wrote: Hi all

Would like some help on extrathumbs folder, I have 4 thumbs in the folder already but when i scrape a new movie ember decideds to delete the pictures when i am done scraping them.

Anyone know why ? because once i finished scaping them and i put the pictures back into the folder and then edit the movie data with ember it then has a green tick next to extrathumbs ?

cheers

Extrathumbs is a little messed up Sad

In any case have you checked the Extrathumb button?
it should create 4 thumbs (no more than that). It is possible that the initial phase of the scraper cleans up the folder removing existing pictures

(2013-04-06, 16:22)EZ1976 Wrote: hi

I've not modified that part...
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
Thanks. Was set to 125% and when I set it back to default 100% ember buttons are visible again.

It has been set to 125% for several months now so not sure why later builds suddenly have the hidden button at 125%. 100% is very small on a small high res laptop screen so if this could somehow be fixed to work at 125% dpi as well that would be great, changing DPI requires a reboot so I'd have te reboot to 100% everytime I want to use Ember.

(2013-04-05, 23:43)maeda Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 22:29)kees667 Wrote: Not sure where to find this but I am on a 15" widescreen laptop screen with 1920x1080 so small screen and high res should mean I have a high dpi.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display > set custom text size (DPI)
(2013-04-06, 13:35)DanCooper Wrote: Check my post #3451

Sorry I did not mention that, I have had it set to 'Always' since reading post 3451 a week ago. I also have an API key for TheTVDB that I registered for, and inserted into EMM a few months ago. Specs of my system are in my Sig.
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2013-04-06, 03:01)Suprnaut Wrote: Cocotus/Dan,

The add by date modified seems to work, but the sort by "Newest" in the movie html export still doesn't work in the alpha release.

I must have missed a post about this whole html export sorting thing somewhere? I asked about possible sorts in Post 3316 but didn't see a response.

What kind of sorting feature is being planned please?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
[
(2013-04-06, 16:22)EZ1976 Wrote: hi

I've not modified that part...
[/quote]

thanks

any idea why it is not scrapping anything?
1. Is it possible that EMM has problems with stacked series episodes? Everytime i update the library it finds one of the stacked episodes as new.

its the same if i use s08e18-part1.mkv ...

2. Is it planned to be able to use the filters of the movies tab in the series tab? It would be nice to see only new episodes.
Try using dot instead of dash.

Also, Scrubs 818 and 819 are two episodes, so the scraper wants s08e18 and s08e19.
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
How can I change were EMBER is saving my files and also the name of the files ?

I am using XBMC FRODO version.
My files are located like this:

\MOVIENAME\VIDEO_TS\files

Like now I have files from EMBER saved like this:

\MOVIENAME\VIDEO_TS\video_ts.nfo
\MOVIENAME\VIDEO_TS\video_ts-poster.jpg
\MOVIENAME\VIDEO_TS\video_ts-fanart.jpg

What I would like, and what I understand work best with FRODO is:

\MOVIENAME\VIDEO_TS\video_ts.nfo
\MOVIENAME\poster.jpg
\MOVIENAME\fanart.jpg

How can I make EMBER to save like this ?

Petter
(2013-04-06, 16:55)m.savazzi Wrote: [quote='meridius' pid='1389427' dateline='1365257338']
Hi all

cheers

Extrathumbs is a little messed up Sad

In any case have you checked the Extrathumb button?
it should create 4 thumbs (no more than that). It is possible that the initial phase of the scraper cleans up the folder removing existing pictures

Hi there

I tried the Extrathumbs Tab but there are no pictures in the list and i can not add any Pictures at all it just does nothing, when i am finished scraping it deletes the extrathumbs from my drive.

The only way i can fix this is I have to backup the extra thumbs folder then scrap the movie in ember then save it. The extrathumbs folder gets deleted then i move the backup extrathumbs folder back into my movie folder and then edit the movie data in ember and go to the extrathumbs and there are all the pictures and i just save it and then its ok.

its on the first scrape that it deletes the exstrathumbs as it will not add the extrathimbs into a new scrape

is thee a fix for this as its a pain .

cheers
How do I set poster of a movie set? Right now it get the poster from one of the movies in the set and this is misleading if its a collection of children movies.
(2013-04-07, 10:13)snowjim Wrote: How do I set poster of a movie set? Right now it get the poster from one of the movies in the set and this is misleading if its a collection of children movies.

It's not possible to name the movieset artwork in a way XBMC recognizes it! For this purpose I use this script here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153502

It works like a charm for me and saved a lot of work!

This is my setup:

1. I put up one folder which contains every moviesetart for all of my sets:

2. This is my settings.xml for the moviesetart addon:
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="artwork_folder_path" value="smb://DISKSTATION/video/moviesetsart/" />
    <setting id="enable_artwork_folder" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable_search_folders" value="false" />
    <setting id="filename_fanart" value="fanart.jpg" />
    <setting id="filename_thumb" value="folder.png" />
    <setting id="recurse_artwork_folder" value="false" />
</settings>

Basically you have to make sure that you name your art like this:

Example:
Bond Collection (Name of set in Ember/XBMC)
--> set-fanart: Bond Collection-folder.png
set-poster: Bond Collection-fanart.jpg

Run the addon and it will automatically apply all the artwork to your moviesets Smile
  • 234(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26