• 21(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
upD8R Wrote:I don't install Ember. I always download the latest version from here (http://ember.purplepig.net/projects/embermm/files) and just extract it to the same (old) Ember folder. Well, for the first time you need to configure Ember with source path, settings and so on but afterwards this upgrade works well.

BTW, my Ember folder is in my Dropbox folder - so I can use it on any PC in my home network as all my video files are anyway available through network shares.

Ember reads the NFO file as first priority, I wonder what happens if you delete this file as a test.

My structure loos as follows:
extrathumbs (folder)
Akte X - Der Film.jpg
Akte X - Der Film.mkv
Akte X - Der Film.nfo
Akte X - Der Film.tbn
Akte X - Der Film-fanart.jpg
fanart.jpg
movie.nfo
poster.jpg
poster.tbn

Probably a few redundancies included but it works ... Big Grin

haha yeah I used to have it set up with a bunch of redundancies when i considered using a WDTV, but now that I'm hooked on XBMC (and having some issues) I thought I'd simplify it to only what I need.

Now it seems that the user directory of EMM is under the 32bit folder of my file system [Program Files (x86)]. And it def looks like its from the old install and seeing as I'm having all these problems I'm sure it has something to do with the way I installed this upgrade. So where exactly should I extract the zip file to? that old Ember Media Manager folder in Program Files (x86) or....
I just wanted to add my thank you for carrying this on! This is an awesome app, so glad it's being supported!

Many, many thanks! Smile
bodrick Wrote:Interesting, I'll have to test it and see, I have a bunch of sets and last time I checked they were fine, but I'll dig around to see.
OK, thanks in advance.
seth.feinberg Wrote:This was an interesting exercise. So I Started on "!Three Amigos!" Which had everything in place. I clicked refresh and first and foremost, it was still sorted at the top before Numbers (because of the ! at the beginning). Also the checkmarks under the Poster and Fanart column dissapeared...as well as the fanart and poster in EMM. Looking at the Three Amigos! folder I see:

fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.tbn
poster.jpg
Three Amigos! (1986).avi
Three Amigos! (1986).nfo

I tried the same thing on 12 Angry Men (fanart and poster disappeared in EMM but def still in the folder) and 127 Hours which the checkmarks under the poster and fanart disappeared but in the display window to the right, it still displayed fanart and a movie poster.

Also, not sure if this is pertinant, but every time I click on a movie in EMM to select it, a "Cancel Scraper" dialog pops up and a few moments later a "Movie Scraped" dialog in the lower righthand side of my monitor. With nothing changing...

Actually just noticed a Enable Click Scrape option Checked in the General Movie settings that sounds an awful lot like what is happening, sorry
[QUOTE=upD8R;981635
Ember reads the NFO file as first priority, I wonder what happens if you delete this file as a test.
[/quote]

Just saw this suggestion. Deleted the .nfo for 12 Angry Men, kept all the other files in there. Rescraped 12 Angry Men. Went through the process but ended up ONLY creating a new 12 Angry Men.nfo file. All the other files are there but EMM reads NO fanart or poster.
I seem to have encountered an out of memory bug and it's only with 1 specific movie - Thor. It's working fine on every other movie and I certainly have enough HDD space.

This is the error that just happened.

Quote:Title: Error
Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
StackTrace: at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewSelectedRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.MovieInfoDownloaded()
Date/Time: 8/01/2012 8:22:50 AM

This is also i would think the same one but different at the same time Big Grin

Quote:Title: Error: D:\Chrome Downloads\embermedia\Temp\fanart.jpg
StackTrace: at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
at EmberAPI.Images.FromFile(String sPath)
Date/Time: 8/01/2012 7:54:48 AM
upD8R Wrote:Have you tried start?
Code:
start "Ember" "e:\EmberMediaManager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all
Not tested ...

Hi, thx for the suggestions but unfortunetly the same result... Ember just sits in task manager and i have to manually kill the process. Anyone else got any other ideas?

Thanks
Would it be possible to set movie trailers to be scraped from another source? IMDB trailer url's timeout, see
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=982883
mauzzz Wrote:Thank you for continuing EMM!

I have a problem with scraping TV Shows (using 1.3.0.2). The scrape button is grayed out. I have been able to scrape the show and seasons by right clicking them. But I can't scrape episodes. Until now I have used EMM for movies only so I could oversee something very obvious.

Screenshot:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/860/snag0000r.jpg/

I have the same problem. Anyone have any ideas?
@bodrick

I've sent you a PM, did you read this?
I have finally unpacked everything and runned ember again and now the XBMC uses the correct poster. I am now saving these :

poster.jpg
folder.jpg
[filename].jpg

How do you do when adding new videos to the shares? Its important that XBMC dont run its own scraper and if the videos is placed in the shares to be able to see them in Ember then the XBMC will also see them if its on?

It would be great if one could turn off the scraper in XBMC but thats not possible if I got it right? I need the share to be scanned (to update new videos from my share) and if I exclude the directory in the Set Content dialog I supose that it will not even show up in the movie/tvshows.
snowjim Wrote:How do you do when adding new videos to the shares? Its important that XBMC dont run its own scraper and if the videos is placed in the shares to be able to see them in Ember then the XBMC will also see them if its on?

It would be great if one could turn off the scraper in XBMC but thats not possible if I got it right? I need the share to be scanned (to update new videos from my share) and if I exclude the directory in the Set Content dialog I supose that it will not even show up in the movie/tvshows.
Ember creates an .NFO file while scraping and this file is also used by XBMC. I add new media to my share, scrape with Ember and update XBMC's database afterwards.

So as long as there is a proper NFO file in the folder XBMC won't do a an actual scrape. But you're right, you can't switch off XBMC scraping. But in this case it does not harm.
Is it so that ember can just make an nfo file with the need of info that xbmc needs to find the right movie and a link to right trailer on youtube or another trailer place?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
pettergulbra Wrote:Is it so that ember can just make an nfo file with the need of info that xbmc needs to find the right movie and a link to right trailer on youtube or another trailer place?

Not sure about trailers about the nfo is needed so info can be displayed about the movie in library view, doesn't matter if you prescrape it with EMM or XBMC scrapes it, the scraping is done on movie name/folder.
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Just wondering what scraper people are using now?
Does the Ember Native Scraper work ok now or should we still use olympia?

Also so stoked that this has been picked up again. Can't wait for some added TV Functionality
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26