• 10(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
There's no ETA for RC1 but i suppose it should be out in less than a month Smile

Finally the new theme will be a variation more like this :

But with some subtle changes that'll you only see when it's out Smile

It near last time to give feedback about this.
This month is gonna be a very long wait Sad lol
Finally the patch in RC1 have limitations with special characters.

It's a bad news for me but a good for you as I'll go with the old HttpApi so I'll try to update for Sunday.
Lol. To bad for you hurra for us Smile
But if you think that the keyboard is a kick on the butt take your time we can survive without. It will be appreciate but we can survive Smile
Well I want a full featured remote working for Eden Smile
That's what I'm talking about it a kickass developer Smile
Tolriq, thanks for explaining and that did clear some things up for me. I saw you mention elsewhere in the thread you are planning on implementing the "send to xbmc" feature, which is great to hear, but I have a question about how that work that went unanswered in the official remote forum.. Is the 'send to' command from yatse to xbmc a specific command to initiate the youtube plugin, or is it more of a general command that xbmc uses to then interpret what must be used to play the url? I ask because I think it would be cool to be able to send image URLs to xbmc and then display it.. But I wasn't sure if this is something that would need to be handled by a plugin within xbmc or just treated differently when sending the link.

It seems like back when this was a xbox only project I could send an image URL (with a firefox plugin) and it would display on xbmc, and now I'm not sure if the feature is missing or if I'm just making things up Big Grin
Well it's the 2 Smile

There's a special way to call the youtube plugin for youtube video that the remote must call. And for normal video or music i just send the url to Xbmc.

I've made some test with images and it seems that it does not works.
But i suppose this is a limitation on xbmc side and perhaps a plugin is needed.
Using Player.Open with the "file" property of the "item" parameter works perfectly fine for me when e.g. setting "file" to a URL that points to an image from google search.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Well i'm gonna test more with Json, for the moment i use eventserver and execbuiltin PlayMedia.

Does Player.Open works with Url like : plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&action=play_video&videoid= to call plugins ?
I didn't check but in the end it works similar to the builtin PlayMedia command and both go through the same methods in CApplication which determine which player to use etc.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok so after some tests Smile The Player.Open works OK with plugins and Jpg.

No way to open png or gif images. They goes to DVDPlayer who can't open them.

Quote:13:51:12 T:11024 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...g_test.png
13:51:12 T:11024 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
13:51:12 T:11048 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
13:51:12 T:11048 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
13:51:13 T:11048 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...g_test.png
13:51:13 T:11048 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

Quote:13:49:02 T:11024 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://www.votreopticien.com/tests_de_vue/test_1.gif
13:49:02 T:11024 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
13:49:02 T:10164 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
13:49:02 T:10164 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
13:49:02 T:10164 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, http://www.votreopticien.com/tests_de_vue/test_1.gif
13:49:02 T:10164 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

Should i open a ticket ?
Hm okay that's kinda stupid. Yeah please create a ticket and CC me. I'll have a look why JPGs go to the slideshow and other image formats don't.
Done : http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12688

Thanks.
Thanks for looking into this guys! Really hope to see it working in the future! Big Grin
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24