[eden] video podcast updating
Eden is running great on my Windows7 machine, but I'm still running into the same issue I've had in previous versions. I've got video podcasts i've entered as sources in the video section and they won't update unless i shut down xbmc and restart it.

For example: NBC Nightly News (rss://podcastfeeds.nbcnews.com/audio/podcast/MSNBC-NN-NETCAST-M4V.xml) adds a new newscast every afternoon at around 6pm PST, but I can't get to it until I close XBMC and restart.

Is there a better way, is it a missing feature, or am I missing something?
Did you try updating the source manually? XBMC only provides the possibility to automatically update sources on startup. After that you have to manually update the library if you think something changed.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Sadly rss feeds run with a persistent cache atm. I think It's a decision we have to reconsider.
There is an "update library" option on the context menu. I'll try that this evening.
597 (PR)

montellese was just confused.
Excellent. I just noticed that one of my other podcasts did update itself overnight.

Is there a way to set the time that XBMC refreshes its podcast links? i.e.: set to a certain time each day, once an hour, every four hours, etc.
no. this is a hotfix for a beta version, don't expect too much... 1h update interval or whatever the ttl of the feed says.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[eden] video podcast updating0