How good is performance
Question 
Hi, same questins as so many times before... What HW to choose.

My problem is this, i hav an Apple tv2 and is not happy with performance. I record Tv-shows from a fireDTV and they go nativ in mpeg2 interlaced.
The ATV2 do not have the HW to de-interlace the files so i´m looking for a replacement that will have as low power usage as possible and a small form factor (no need for CD).

So, what i´m i looking at.
* Build from scratch with an Asus E35M1-I Deluxe
* Get an Zotac Zbox Nano AD10
* Boxee hw from dlink
* Any other chipset that will do the job?

How would any of this perform against the ATV2 ? Is the Hw enougth in the AMD E-350 (1.6 GHz) to do de-interlacing and to show 1080p movies?

Thanks //b.
Performance is very good.

That being said, please consider changing your thread topic to something more informative. It's a lot more likely that people at all read your post if the title includes a question or wording that describes what you need to know, something like "HW requirements for mpeg2 deinterlacing" or similar.

I also recommend checking out the stickies at the top of the forum, there may be answers there.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Orclas Wrote:Performance is very good.

That being said, please consider changing your thread topic to something more informative. It's a lot more likely that people at all read your post if the title includes a question or wording that describes what you need to know, something like "HW requirements for mpeg2 deinterlacing" or similar.

I also recommend checking out the stickies at the top of the forum, there may be answers there.

Sure i changed the title, good point.

I guess the answer is somewhere in the other posts, but it´s just to much to read them all.

What do you mean by "Performance is very good" ? wery good on all of my choises or??
I performance really that good on boxee?
//b.
looc Wrote:What do you mean by "Performance is very good" ? wery good on all of my choises or??
I performance really that good on boxee?
//b.

It was a joke based on your title, a la:

"How good is performance? Performance is always very good /to have/."

BTW, it seems you managed to change your post title, but not the thread title. Check if you can change the thread title, as that's what makes the difference (hopefully).
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How good is performance0